Parallelization of the QC-Lib quantum computer simulator library. We report on work to parallelize QC-lib, a C++ library for the simulation of quantum computers at an abstract functional level. After a brief introduction to quantum computing, we give an outline of QC-lib, then describe its parallelization using MPI, and present performance measurements made on a Beowulf cluster. Using more processors allowed larger problems to be solved, and reasonable speedups were obtained for the Hadamard transform and Grover’s quantum search algorithm.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Chernyavskiy, A. Yu.; Voevodin, Vad. V.; Voevodin, Vl. V.: Parallel computational structure of noisy quantum circuits simulation (2018)
- Miszczak, Jarosław Adam: Generating and using truly random quantum states in \textttMathematica (2012)
- Gutiérrez, Eladio; Romero, Sergio; Trenas, María A.; Zapata, Emilio L.: Quantum computer simulation using the CUDA programming model (2010)
- Tabakin, Frank; Juliá-Díaz, Bruno: QCMPI: A parallel environment for quantum computing (2009)
- Glendinning, Ian; Ömer, Bernhard: Parallelization of the QC-Lib quantum computer simulator library (2004)