- Referenced in 29 articles
- PHYSALIS: A new method for particle flow simulation. III: Convergence analysis of two-dimensional flows ... when it is applied to incompressible particle flows in two-dimensional space. PHYSALIS ... without imposing the boundary conditions on the particle surfaces directly. Instead, a consistency equation based ... local (near particle) representation of the solution is used as the boundary conditions...
- Referenced in 106 articles
- numerical method for the simulation of particulate flows is introduced. The method combines desired elements ... condition on the boundary of a moving particle. By applying the direct forcing scheme, Proteus ... particles and is capable of achieving results at higher Reynolds number flows. By using...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- PFC2D (Particle Flow Code in 2 Dimensions) is a discontinuum code used in analysis, testing ... interaction of assemblies of arbitrarily-sized particles are modeled; Properties are associated with individual particles...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- Particle Flow Code) is a general purpose, distinct-element modeling (DEM) framework that is available ... assembly of variably-sized rigid particles that interact at contacts to represent both granular...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- PFC3D (Particle Flow Code in 3 Dimensions) is a discontinuum code used in analysis, testing ... interaction of assemblies of arbitrarily-sized particles are modeled; Properties are associated with individual particles...
- Referenced in 53 articles
- hardware accelerated Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics code developed to solve free-surface flow problems. DualSPHysics...
- Referenced in 66 articles
- phase flows. Arbitrary numbers of species and chemical reactions are allowed. A stochastic particle method...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- equations for 2D, 2D-axisymmetric and 3D flows, steady or unsteady, laminar or turbulent, incompressible ... transfer, particle-tracking with Lagrangian modeling, Joule effect, electrics arcs, weakly compressible flows, atmospheric flows...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- approach to simulating unsteady fluid flows, with only very few degrees of freedom, by employing ... directly eigenmodes extracted from digital particle image velocimetry experimental data. In particular, we formulate standard ... empirical eigenfunctions extracted from an ensemble of flow snapshots. We demonstrate that standard Galerkin approaches...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- GENSMAC code for calculating free surface flows in two dimensions. As in GENSMAC, the full ... composed of quadrilaterals and triangles containing marker particles on their vertices; the stress conditions ... with a solid modelling routine defining the flow domain. A user-friendly input data file...
- Referenced in 27 articles
- only calculate the velocity distribution within particle image pairs, but can also be used ... display and export multiple parameters of the flow pattern. A user-friendly graphical user interface...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- source CFD, DEM and CFD-DEM. Particles and flow processes are everywhere - in industry, environment ... computational simulation engines, for these particle and fluid flow processes.Most notably, we develop the LIGGGHTS...
- Referenced in 2 articles
- Eulerian simulation of gas-solid particle flow by BDIM The numerical scheme based ... phase gas-solid particles vertical channel flow...
- Referenced in 7 articles
- code for free-surface flows. JOSEPHINE is a parallel Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics program, designed ... solve unsteady free-surface flows. The adopted numerical scheme is efficient and has been validated ... time, even more with large number of particles. JOSEPHINE has been written so that...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- PICIN: a particle-in-cell solver for incompressible free surface flows with two-way fluid ... Navier-Stokes equations for free surface flows involving two-way fluid-solid interaction in arbitrary ... full particle particle-in-cell (PIC) method applied to incompressible flows. An extension...
- Referenced in 25 articles
- code extends from low speeds to supersonic flows for both laminar and turbulent regimes. Arbitrary ... chemical reactions are allowed. A stochastic particle method is used to calculate evaporating liquid sprays...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- open-source CFD-DEM solver for particle-laden flow with emphasis on sediment transport. With ... toolbox that can perform three-dimensional fluid flow simulations on unstructured meshes; LAMMPS ... simulations using up to O(10^7) particles...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- Glowinski} et al. [Int. J. Multiphase Flow ... operator-splitting idea are employed. In contrast, particle collisions are handled by an efficient discrete ... sphere) and non-smoothly (angular polyhedron) shaped particles. From a computational viewpoint, a basic though ... study of particulate flows and indeed increase the number of particles usually simulated...
- Referenced in 12 articles
- solves the gyrokinetic electrostatic equations including zonal flows in axisymmetric magnetic geometry. The present version ... response on magnetic surfaces. It uses a Particle-In-Cell (PIC), δf scheme, 3D cubic ... processors and 109 marker particles. Various numerical convergence tests are performed. The code is validated ... against an analytical theory of zonal flow residual, geodesic acoustic oscillations and damping, and against...