- Referenced in 442 articles
- range of systems, including randomized distributed algorithms, manufacturing systems and workstation clusters...
- Referenced in 351 articles
- dimensionally equidistributed uniform pseudo-random number generator. A new algorithm called Mersenne twister...
- Referenced in 90 articles
- regularized logistic regression coefficients. A randomized algorithm F is epsilon-differentially private (C. Dwork, Differential ... element, any set S, and the randomness is taken over the choices F makes...
- Referenced in 143 articles
- Algorithm 659: Implementing Sobol’s quasirandom sequence generator: TOMS659 is a FORTRAN77 library which computes ... Hammersley, Niederreiter or Sobol sequences, is ”less random” than a pseudorandom number sequence, but more ... sample space ”more uniformly” than random numbers. Algorithms that use such sequences may have superior...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- binary quadratic programs The Goemans--Williamson randomized algorithm guarantees a high-quality approximation ... codes that implement the Goemans--Williamson randomized algorithm, as well as with a purely heuristic ... than that of the Goemans--Williamson randomized algorithm. An extension to MAX-BISECTION is also...
- Referenced in 96 articles
- linear combination of chi-squared random variables. (Algorithm...
- Referenced in 163 articles
- algorithm requires time and space proportional to max (V, E) when executed on a random...
- Referenced in 209 articles
- algorithms to solve Boolean satisfiability problems. Both algorithms work on formulae that ... random value to each variable. If the assignment satisfies all clauses, the algorithm terminates, returning ... with some probability picks a variable at random. WalkSAT first picks a clause which...
- Referenced in 36 articles
- this paper we present a new randomized algorithm for SAT, i.e., the satisfiability problem ... algorithm is inspired by two randomized algorithms having the best current worst-case upper bounds...
- Referenced in 177 articles
- operator, initial condition, and boundary conditions. Our algorithm is meshfree, which is key since meshes ... batches of randomly sampled time and space points. The algorithm is tested on a class...
- Referenced in 176 articles
- with a very simple, randomized seeding technique, we obtain an algorithm that is Θ(logk...
- Referenced in 105 articles
- Algorithm AS 183: An Efficient and Portable Pseudo-Random Number Generator...
- Referenced in 130 articles
- Algorithm 754: Fortran subroutines for approximate solution of dense quadratic assignment problems using GRASP (greedy ... randomized adaptive search procedures...
- Referenced in 110 articles
- Chambers, Mallows and Stuck’s algorithm to generate stable random variates. It also performs maximum...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- prohibitive cost for the model checking algorithm. In this paper, we propose an approximation method ... discrete Markov chains. We give a randomized algorithm to approximate the probability that a property ... confidence by a probabilistic system. Our randomized algorithm requires only a succinct representation...
- Referenced in 120 articles
- combinatorial optimization. The algorithm is essentially an iterative random search procedure with adaptive moves along...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- randomized Halton algorithm in R. Randomized quasi-Monte Carlo (RQMC) sampling can bring orders...
- Referenced in 146 articles
- preconditioned conjugate gradient method. We describe new algorithms of the locally optimal block preconditioned conjugate ... tests, using random preconditioners and initial guesses. As the “ideal” control algorithm, we advocate...
- Referenced in 293 articles
- contrast to other evolutionary methods like genetic algorithms, scatter search is founded on the premise ... benefits beyond those derived from recourse to randomization. Our implementation goal is to create ... compete with the best-known training algorithms in terms of training quality while keeping...
- Referenced in 56 articles
- generator called RANLUX (for LUXury RANdom numbers), using the algorithm of M. Lüscher [ibid...