- Referenced in 892 articles
- Adam: A Method for Stochastic Optimization. We introduce Adam, an algorithm for first-order gradient ... functions, based on adaptive estimates of lower-order moments. The method is straightforward to implement...
- Referenced in 1066 articles
- method. One of the useful aspects of tabu search is the ability to adapt ... constraints and objective functions. Similarly, the method itself can be evolved to varying levels...
- Referenced in 166 articles
- ADAGRAD: adaptive gradient algorithm; Adaptive subgradient methods for online learning and stochastic optimization. We present ... family of subgradient methods that dynamically incorporate knowledge of the geometry of the data observed ... more informative gradient-based learning. Metaphorically, the adaptation allows us to find needles in haystacks ... theoretical analysis and show that adaptive subgradient methods outperform state...
- Referenced in 120 articles
- essentially an iterative random search procedure with adaptive moves along the coordinate directions. It permits ... first local minima encountered. The new method proved to be more reliable than ... others (the Nelder-Mead method and the adaptive random search method of the reviewer), being...
- Referenced in 173 articles
- iFEM: an innovative finite element methods package in MATLAB. Sparse matrixlization, an innovative programming style ... efﬁcient software package, iFEM, on adaptive ﬁnite element methods. In this novel coding style...
- Referenced in 121 articles
- Covariance Matrix Adaptation Evolution Strategy. Evolution strategies (ES) are stochastic, derivative-free methods for numerical ... covariance matrix. The covariance matrix adaptation (CMA) is a method to update the covariance matrix ... function f is ill-conditioned. Adaptation of the covariance matrix amounts to learning a second ... inverse Hessian matrix in the Quasi-Newton method in classical optimization. In contrast to most...
- Referenced in 840 articles
- solution of differential equations by finite element methods. FEniCS has an extensive list of features ... variational problems, automated error control and adaptivity, a comprehensive library of finite elements, high performance...
- Referenced in 298 articles
- Deuflhards Book ”Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems -- Affine Invariance and Adaptive Algorithms”. This monograph presents...
- Referenced in 87 articles
- image retrieval system, which uses semantics classification methods, a wavelet-based approach for feature extraction ... categorization enhances retrieval by permitting semantically-adaptive searching methods and narrowing down the searching range...
- Referenced in 59 articles
- ADADELTA: An Adaptive Learning Rate Method. We present a novel per-dimension learning rate method ... gradient descent called ADADELTA. The method dynamically adapts over time using only first order information ... overhead beyond vanilla stochastic gradient descent. The method requires no manual tuning of a learning...
- Referenced in 60 articles
- chaos (gpc) methods; stochastic Galerkin FEM; adaptive numerical methods; tensor methods for UQ. Most...
- Referenced in 426 articles
- three subsequent chapters deal with resampling methods appropriate for linear regression models, generalized linear models ... techniques such as balanced simulation can be adapted to yield improved simulations. Chapter 10 describes ... underlying which are closely related to resampling methods. Chapter 11 gives a short introduction...
- Referenced in 82 articles
- scientific computations and applications. Adaptive finite element methods (FEMs) are a modern, widely used tool ... describe the basic ideas and ingredients of adaptive FEM and the implementation of our toolbox...
- Referenced in 106 articles
- direct forcing method and the lattice Boltzmann method. Adding a forcing term in the momentum ... relaxation parameters in the adaptive-forcing scheme. The method presents a significant improvement over...
- Referenced in 571 articles
- test problem instances, instance generators, and other methods of testing and comparing performance of algorithms ... edge implementations of algorithms for others to adapt. The information on challenges includes pointers...
- Referenced in 72 articles
- equations is based on an adaptation of the method. This procedure is translated into...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- ABLE: An Adaptive Block Lanczos Method for Non-Hermitian Eigenvalue Problems. This work presents ... adaptive block Lanczos method for large-scale non-Hermitian Eigenvalue problems (henceforth the ABLE method ... ABLE method is a block version of the non-Hermitian Lanczos algorithm. There are three ... innovations. First, an adaptive blocksize scheme cures (near) breakdown and adapts the blocksize...
Adaptative L1 TE and Predictive
- Referenced in 19 articles
- notebook corresponding to this method is Adaptative L1 TE and Predictive.nb: Fast, accurate and robust ... adaptive finite difference methods for fractional diffusion equations. The computation time required by standard finite ... these difficulties is by resorting to adaptive numerical methods where the size of the timesteps ... every timestep. Here we discuss two adaptive methods based on the step-doubling technique. These...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- Adaptive finite volume methods with well-balanced Riemann solvers for modeling floods in rugged terrain ... high-resolution finite volume methods and block-structured dynamic adaptive mesh refinement (AMR), is described ... allows the use of accurate and stable methods developed for solving general hyperbolic problems...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- propose a new residual-based adaptive refinement (RAR) method to improve the training efficiency...