- Referenced in 196 articles
- size of many modern physics and simulation problems has led to the development of massively ... sparked much research into developing algorithms for them. Parallelizing AMG is a difficult task, however ... parallelizes readily, the process of coarse-grid selection, in particular, is fundamentally sequential in nature ... selection of coarse-grid points, based on modifications of certain parallel independent set algorithms...
- Referenced in 134 articles
- different algorithmic options of NLPQL on a collection of test problems (115 hand-selected...
- Referenced in 571 articles
- problem instances, instance generators, and other methods of testing and comparing performance of algorithms ... transfer by providing leading edge implementations of algorithms for others to adapt. The information ... WWW/FTP sites that include calls for participation, algorithm implementations, instance generators, bibliographies, and other electronic ... DIMACS book series; these contain selected papers from the workshops that culminate each challenge...
- Referenced in 13 articles
- over a set of instances. The algorithm selection problem is attracting increasing attention from researchers ... address this problem, we introduce a standardized format for representing algorithm selection scenarios ... algorithm selection to achieve significant performance improvements across a broad range of problems and algorithms...
- Referenced in 109 articles
- from various communities (sometimes under different names): algorithm engineers construct fast route planning methods; database ... analyze distance oracles and sparse spanners. Related problems are considered for compact routing and distance ... well. In this survey, we review selected approaches, algorithms, and results on shortest-path queries...
- Referenced in 69 articles
- applied beyond binary classification, for problems like regression, clustering (one-class classification) or multiclass classification ... proposed algorithm converges rapidly and that its efficiency compares favorably to other MKL algorithms. Finally ... wavelet kernels and on some model selection problems related to multiclass classification problems...
- Referenced in 94 articles
- nonconvex penalties. We address the problem of sparse selection in linear models. A number ... along with a variety of convex-relaxation algorithms for finding good solutions. We pursue...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- have been developed for solving multiobjective optimization problems. However, there lacks an up-to-date ... practitioners to apply selected algorithms to solve their real-world problems. The demand of such...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- Powerful genetic and evolutionary algorithms find solutions to your problems - and it’s easy ... setting up your problem, selecting the appropriate optimization algorithm and monitoring the state and progress...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- solving L0-regularized learning problems (aka best subset selection). The algorithms are based on coordinate...
- Referenced in 121 articles
- problems. They belong to the class of evolutionary algorithms and evolutionary computation. An evolutionary algorithm ... variation (via mutation and recombination) and selection: in each generation (iteration) new individuals (candidate solutions...
- Referenced in 209 articles
- search algorithms to solve Boolean satisfiability problems. Both algorithms work on formulae that ... assignment satisfies all clauses, the algorithm terminates, returning the assignment. Otherwise, a variable is flipped ... GSAT differ in the methods used to select which variable to flip. GSAT makes...
- Referenced in 100 articles
- further selection criterion based on pivot size. Three examples are given of problems having between ... standard methods take so many iterations. These algorithms were originally coded for the Atlas computer...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- text-based interface for search algorithms. It splits an optimization process into two modules ... specific to the optimization problem (e.g., evaluation of solutions, problem representation, variation of solutions ... independent of the optimization problem (mainly the selection process). These two modules are implemented...
- Referenced in 45 articles
- dependent model selection, data generation and graph visualization; (4) a minor convergence problem ... graphical lasso algorithm is corrected; (5) the package allows the user to apply both lossless...
- Referenced in 84 articles
- time optimal control problems, optimal parameter selection problems, or a combination of both, subject ... problem into a nonlinear programming problem which is solved using a sequential quadratic programming algorithm...
- Referenced in 108 articles
- Powell. The parameter scaling the gradient is selected as spectral gradient or in an anticipative ... shown that, for strongly convex functions, the algorithm is global convergent. Preliminary computational results ... consisting of 500 unconstrained optimization test problems, show that this new scaled conjugate gradient algorithm...
- Referenced in 27 articles
- Selection using Sparse Logistic Regression. Motivation: This paper gives a new and efficient algorithm ... sparse logistic regression problem. The proposed algorithm is based on the Gauss–Seidel method ... applied to a variety of real-world problems like identifying marker genes and building ... diagnosis using microarray data. Results: The gene selection method suggested in this paper is demonstrated...
- Referenced in 83 articles
- ensemble methods in general, and boosting algorithms in particular, BART is defined by a statistical ... also be used for model-free variable selection. BART’s many features are illustrated with ... experiment and on a drug discovery classification problem...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- problem is evaluated using a 1,000 point Latin hypercube sampling of each algorithm ... class of algorithms whose operators are adaptively selected based on the problem. The adaptive discovery...