- Referenced in 630 articles
- includes the special case of determinant maximization problems with linear matrix inequalities. It employs ... either the HKM or the NT search direction. The basic code is written in Matlab ... ﬁles. Routines are provided to read in problems in either SDPA or SeDuMi format. Sparsity...
- Referenced in 134 articles
- Newton method which can be applied to problems that do not necessarily have positive-definite ... possible to compute a negative-curvature direction at a stationary point. The above mentioned modified ... search direction, where n denotes the number of variables of the problem. The idea ... method is described that defines a search direction which interpolates between the direction defined...
- Referenced in 205 articles
- Direct methods for sparse linear systems. Computational scientists often encounter problems requiring the solution ... sparse systems of linear equations. Attacking these problems efficiently requires an in-depth knowledge ... MATLAB and the C programming language, Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems equips readers with...
- Referenced in 193 articles
- Fortran solvers for the initial value problem for ordinary differential equation systems. It consists ... iterative (preconditioned Krylov) methods instead of direct methods for these linear systems. The most recent ... addition is LSODIS, which solves implicit problems with general sparse treatment of all matrices involved...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- thousands of variables. In such problems the direct application of smooth gradient-based methods ... nonsmooth nature of the problem. On the other hand, none of the current general nonsmooth...
- Referenced in 165 articles
- numerical results for a broad range of problem sizes and descriptions, and draw conclusion regarding ... method. Finally, we indicate the current directions of the research...
- Referenced in 130 articles
- optimization problems with differentiable objective and constraint functions. At each iteration, the search direction ... NLPQL on a collection of test problems (115 hand-selected or application problems, 320 randomly...
- Referenced in 50 articles
- constrained optimization problems. The basic optimization algorithm is the Method of Feasible Directions. The user ... intended primarily for efficient solution of constrained problems ... unconstrained function minimization problems may also be solved, and the conjugate direction method of Fletcher ... without special knowledge of optimization techniques. Sample problems are inc! luded to help the user...
- Referenced in 147 articles
- problem size. NPSOL uses a sequential quadratic programming (SQP) algorithm, in which each search direction...
- Referenced in 49 articles
- maximum weight clique problem is formulated and directly proved. Within this framework a trust region ... graphs and various random maximum weight clique problem instances...
- Referenced in 610 articles
- optimization of noisy functions. Such optimization problems arise, e.g., when the evaluation of the objective ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 141 articles
- right in the coordinate direction under consideration. (4) Because of the completely one-dimensional nature ... numerical solution of fluid dynamical problems...
- Referenced in 69 articles
- strongest direct and adjoint eigenmodes. The large eigenvalue problems are solved using matrix-free methods...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- four ways to solve a problem: by a direct call to the solver routine ... implements a large set of standard test problems. Using MEXfile interfaces, problems in the CUTE...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- approach that addresses the item ranking problem directly by modeling user preferences derived from...
- Referenced in 110 articles
- solution of large bound-constrained optimization problems. TRON uses a gradient projection method to generate ... incomplete Cholesky factorization to generate a direction, and a projected search to compute the step ... small number of minor iterates, even for problems with a large number of variables...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- structural optimization problems. The method employs mixed design variables (either direct or reciprocal) in order ... constraints. The primary optimization problem is therefore replaced with a sequence of explicit approximate problems...
- Referenced in 104 articles
- Lanczos routines can also be used directly, and form the basis of efficient algorithms ... systems of equations and linear least squares problems, in particular for systems with multiple right...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- monotonic reasoning , can be directly mapped into the problem of deciding the satisfiability...