- Referenced in 280 articles
- depth introduction to the specification language $Z$. It is primarily directed to the user ... adquate for promoting a discipline of formal specification and reasoning? Another disappointment is that...
- Referenced in 185 articles
- methodology starts with a simulation model specification in the form of a set of coupled ... transition systems first into a set of formal assertions, permitting formal verification of the transition ... prove them as theorems using the formal specification. The methodology is illustrated through generation...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- that aims to integrate design, implementation, formal specification, and formal verification of object-oriented software...
- Referenced in 278 articles
- Mach number limit. Specifically, we employ asymptotic analysis to formally derive proper scalings...
- Referenced in 626 articles
- verification system: that is, a specification language integrated with support tools and a theorem prover ... state-of-the-art in mechanized formal methods and to be sufficiently rugged that...
- Referenced in 152 articles
- specification language that has been specifically developed for the formal description of the OSI (Open...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- widely and naturally used both in specification formalisms like UML or programming languages like Java ... only the exploration of pure IF-1.0 specifications. This ... restrictive for complex system specifications which mix formal descriptions and executable code (e.g, for components...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- unit tests easier. It uses a formal specification language’s runtime assertion checker to decide ... writing testing code, the programmer writes formal specifications (e.g., pre- and postconditions). This makes ... specification errors are quickly discovered, so the specifications are more likely to provide useful documentation ... easily implemented with other combinations of formal specification languages and unit test tools...
- Referenced in 43 articles
- used in assert statements, documentation, and formal specifications. Examples include being constant...
- Referenced in 134 articles
- software requirement formalized in Bandera’s temporal specification language, and it generates a program model...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- services is standardized via XML, and the specification of web service itself (invocation interface ... which lack formal semantics, complicate the formal specification of web service composition. (2) Asynchronous messaging...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- testing of Java programs. Given a formal specification for a method, Korat uses the method...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- therefore an evolutionary process. Verifying formal specifications usually reveals hidden errors causing the change ... functionality will result in changes of the specification which always endangers the verification work already ... describe the system Maya which maintains formal developments. The Maya-system supports an evolutionary formal ... various (structured) specification languages to formalize the software development. Moreover, Maya allows the integration...
- Referenced in 107 articles
- expressive language for formalization of mathematical problems and program specification and development...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- generic interactive environment. When given the formal specification of a particular programming language-including syntax ... semantics — it produces a language specific environment. This resulting environment includes a structure editor ... that provides standardized representation and access to formal objects and their persistent storage; a logical ... engine that is used to execute formal specifications; an object-oriented man-machine interface that...
- Referenced in 85 articles
- formal, machine-checked verification of the seL4 microkernel from an abstract specification down ... used a unique design approach that fuses formal and operating systems techniques. To our knowledge ... this is the first formal proof of functional correctness of a complete, general-purpose operating ... always strictly follows our high-level abstract specification of kernel behaviour. This encompasses traditional design...
- Referenced in 15 articles
- language for biochemical systems: design and formal specification. This paper introduces a Language for Biochemical ... features are demonstrated through examples. A formal specification of LBS is then given through...
- Referenced in 21 articles
- technology of software testing based on formal specifications. Specifications are written using specialized extensions...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- automatic generation of simulation checkers from formal specifications. For the foreseeable future, industrial hardware design ... individual advantages of simulation and formal verification...
- Referenced in 20 articles
- foundational principle. Expressive requirements specification formalisms can be included into the framework via logic plug...