- Referenced in 609 articles
- clarity and brevity rather than complete generality and confine our scope to algorithms that ... group. Implicit filtering methods use finite difference approximations of the gradient, which are adjusted...
- Referenced in 95 articles
- that solve second- and fourth-order finite difference approximations to separable elliptic Partial Differential Equations ... spherical coordinates, as well as more general separable elliptic equations. The solvers use the cyclic...
- Referenced in 21 articles
- package allows a general weighting scheme, provides for finite difference derivatives, and contains extensive error...
- Referenced in 62 articles
- Design Optimization Tools. DOT is a general-purpose gradient-based optimization software library that ... functions, for example a non-linear structural finite element simulation. Very little formal knowledge ... optimization problems and can automatically calculate finite difference gradients needed during the optimization...
- Referenced in 77 articles
- simple MATLAB routines using finite element / difference methods for simulating the dynamics of predator-prey ... collection of simple MATLAB routines using the finite element method for simulating the dynamics ... solved on domains of arbitrary shape using general boundary conditions. The collection of 2D codes...
- Referenced in 74 articles
- MPDATA: A finite-difference solver for geophysical flows. This article is a review of MPDATA ... from a simple advection scheme to a general approach for integrating the conservation laws...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- code generation for the general and efficient 7018 solution of finite element variational problems. This ... compilation of code for individual forms. Two different form 7020 compilers are available as part...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- based on high order finite differences, in particular on the generalized upwind method. Within...
- Referenced in 37 articles
- paper describes the program FIDAP, a general purpose finite element code for simulating steady state ... required) the effects of heat transfer. Many different classes of problems are amenable to analysis...
- Referenced in 33 articles
- finite element method (AFEM). This includes functions for the assembly of the data, different error ... this paper is on AFEM, the general ideas can be understood as a guideline...
- Referenced in 48 articles
- analyze the more commonly used finite difference methods for solving a variety of problems, including ... text presents the basic theory underlying the finite element method. Following the guidance offered ... Edition is Appendix A, which describes a finite element program, PDE2D, developed by the author ... linear eigenvalue systems in 1D intervals, general 2D regions, and a wide range of simple...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- useful for general numerical solutions using finite or boundary elements, finite differences or volumes...
- Referenced in 1 article
- tension on free surfaces of general topology. Finite difference solutions to the incompressible Navier-Stokes...
- Referenced in 47 articles
- equations by discretizations such as finite difference or finite element methods. Among other things this ... development work on other software involving more general preconditioners and additional nonsymmetric procedures...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- functions (possibly a single one) subject to general smooth constraints. If the initial guess provided ... that CFSQP estimate them by forward finite differences. CFSQP is an implementation of two algorithms...
- Referenced in 28 articles
- matrix or to approximate it by finite differences at each iteration. The software allows ... linear model. Moreover, the software provides two different global strategies: a line search approach ... region approach. Test results indicate that, in general, tensor methods are significantly more efficient...
- Referenced in 25 articles
- theoretical properties of importance sampling in finite-dimensional integrals and the structural advantages of Bayesian ... dynamic weighting function for combining samples from different stages of the algorithm. par We tested ... along with two state of the art general purpose sampling algorithms, likelihood weighting and self...
- Referenced in 27 articles
- Computing. ParaSails has been used to solve finite element elasticity problems inside an LLNL simulation ... reused to generate preconditioners for different matrices in a sequence of linear solves. ParaSails solves ... factorized SPD preconditioner. ParaSails can also solve general (nonsymmetric and/or indefinite) problems with a nonfactorized...
- Referenced in 2 articles
- laser fields through the finite difference approach. We present a General-purpose computing on graphics ... CLTDSE. The code makes use of finite difference methods and the OpenCL framework...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- Generally, the term ”discretization” refers to any procedure that turns a differential equation into difference ... equations involving only finitely many variables, whose solutions approximate those of the differential equation...