- Referenced in 305 articles
- Rigorous global search: continuous problems The monograph gives a survey of interval arithmetic based methods ... solving systems of equations and global optimization problems. The connection between these two themes ... touching many software details. The chapter on global optimization (40 pages) only admits equality constraints ... some new results with respect to zero search. The final chapter about intermediate values...
- Referenced in 327 articles
- system for solving nonconvex optimization problems to global optimality. Purely continuous, purely integer, and mixed ... valleys of complex optimization problems in search of global solutions...
- Referenced in 617 articles
- line-search and trust-region methods, which are used to globalize convergence, i.e., remove ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 69 articles
- Global Optimization by Multilevel Coordinate Search. MCS is a Matlab program for bound constrained global ... based on a multilevel coordinate search that balances global and local search. The local search...
- Referenced in 65 articles
- several massively parallel implementations for a global search algorithm DIRECT. Two parallel schemes take different...
- Referenced in 124 articles
- which is globally convergent whenever the line search fulfills the Wolfe conditions. This article studies...
- Referenced in 73 articles
- equations and searches for growing small disturbances, i.e. so-called linear global modes...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- years. The design and implementation of local search algorithms is not an easy task ... programming effort. However, contrary to global search, little support is available to assist the design...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- direct stochastic algorithm for global search This paper presents a new algorithm called probabilistic global...
- Referenced in 36 articles
- application of Variable Neighbourhood Search (VNS) methodology to continuous global optimization problems with box constraints...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- with other optimization paradigms such as local search, yielding hybrid algorithms with constraints. Such combinations ... SALSA, dedicated to specifying (local, global or hybrid) search algorithms. We illustrate...
- Referenced in 66 articles
- optimization. PSwarm was developed originally for the global optimization of functions without derivatives and where ... underlying algorithm used is a pattern search method, or more specifically, a coordinate search method ... optional) search step of coordinate search, the algorithm incorporates a particle swarm scheme for dissemination ... method with the capability of finding a global minimizer. Our extensive numerical experiments showed that...
- Referenced in 8 articles
- combined global & local search (CGLS) approach to global optimization. This paper ... presents a general approach that combines global search strategies with local search and attempts ... incorporate variants of well known global search strategies...
- Referenced in 9 articles
- elimination and forward selection and the global search procedure from Edwards & Havránek (1985) is considered ... incremental search a single minimal acceptable model is identified. By the principles of weakly accepted ... acceptable models are found in the global search procedure. In CoCo each of the model...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- Jacobian matrix. A global solution may be searched for by starting the iteration from different...
- Referenced in 28 articles
- software provides two different global strategies: a line search approach and a two-dimensional trust...
- Referenced in 64 articles
- programming of new constraints, branching strategies, and search engines. New variable domains can be programmed ... implements more than 70 constraints from the Global Constraint Catalog and many more ... branching heuristics (accumulated failure count, activity); many search engines (parallel, interactive graphical, restarts); automatic symmetry ... parts including reference documentation, implementations of global constraints, and examples are available as source code...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- Generalized Simulated Annealing. This package searches for global minimum of a very complex non-linear...
- Referenced in 118 articles
- annealing” algorithm From authors’ summary: A new global optimization algorithm for functions of continuous variables ... algorithm is essentially an iterative random search procedure with adaptive moves along the coordinate directions...
- Referenced in 57 articles
- global minimization of bivariate polynomials and rational functions: both real and complex exact line search...