- Referenced in 304 articles
- monograph gives a survey of interval arithmetic based methods for solving systems of equations ... almost unavoidable part of optimization. The interval arithmetic philosophy of selfvalidation is followed ... automatic differentiation and code list generation, interval Newton method, and a short glance ... idea, which seems a bit outside the interval scope of the book. A groad chapter...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- combination of traditional numerical methods such as interval and local methods, and constraint satisfaction techniques.This...
- Referenced in 50 articles
- problem with certainty. Solving methods: Realpaver implements correctly rounded interval-based computations in a branch ... feature is to combine several methods from various fields: interval fixed-point operators, constraint propagation ... local consistency techniques, local optimization using descent methods and metaheuristics, and several search strategies. Package ... benchmarks are also provided. Interval arithmetic is supported by gaol...
- Referenced in 406 articles
- validating algorithms. It comprises of self-validating methods for dense linear systems (also inner inclusions ... functions univariate polynomial zeros (simple and clusters) interval arithmetic for real and complex data including...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- with mathematical certainty. Though based on interval Newton methods, it is self-contained. It allows...
- Referenced in 18 articles
- bounds for the uncertainties are known, interval methods can be applied to obtain validated enclosures...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- test (Chow test) framework. This includes methods to fit, plot and test fluctuation processes ... estimated together with confidence intervals. Emphasis is always given to methods for visualizing the data...
- Referenced in 24 articles
- start from a classical method that uses interval arithmetic to check whether trajectories can move ... rectangular grid. We put this method into an abstraction refinement framework and improve...
- Referenced in 202 articles
- adaptive semi-numerical version, using multi-precision interval arithmetic. We finally show that these critical ... which were out of reach of previous methods...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- AMIGO differs from standard interval methods for solving this class of problems by a refined...
- Referenced in 10 articles
- calculation steps. Partitioned linear-implicit Euler methods can be extended by appropriate stabilization techniques ... constraints bounded for arbitrary time intervals. These methods need a fixed low number of operations ... arbitrary time intervals if the stepsize is sufficiently small. Selected methods were successfully implemented...
- Referenced in 14 articles
- MultinomialCI: Simultaneous confidence intervals for multinomial proportions according to the method by Sison and Glaz ... implementation of a method for building simultaneous confidence intervals for the probabilities of a multinomial ... Sison, C.P and J. Glaz. Simultaneous confidence intervals and sample size determination for multinomial proportions ... Statistical Association, 90:366-369 (1995). The method is an R translation...
- Referenced in 11 articles
- applications, verified computation of zeroes (Interval Newton Method) with the possibility to find all zeroes...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- numerical analysis, such as the interval Newton method. Its key conceptual idea is to introduce ... reasonable computation cost and generalizes some traditional interval operators. Newton has been applied to numerous ... constrained optimization. It is competitive with continuation methods on their ... equation-solving benchmarks and outperforms the interval-based methods we are aware of on optimization...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- restarted Arnoldi method is proposed. To make the computation efficient, the search interval is decided ... type inequality for transmission eignevalues and the interval is updated at each iteration. The algorithm ... easily used in the qualitative methods in inverse scattering and modified to compute transmission eigenvalues...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- package deals with computational methods for splines defined on intervals, rectangular partitions, planar triangulations...
Heat Conduction Toolbox
- Referenced in 7 articles
- dimensional heat conduction by analytical method for bounded interval and numerical methods (explicit, implicit, Crank...
- Referenced in 81 articles
- both, subject to general constraints. The method used is based on the idea of control ... defined on suitable partitions of the time interval. The code then converts the problem into...
- Referenced in 57 articles
- adaptive random basis elements. Motivated by ensemble methods in general, and boosting algorithms in particular ... enables full posterior inference including point and interval estimates of the unknown regression function ... illustrated with a bake-off against competing methods on 42 different data sets, with...