- Referenced in 240 articles
- ranking problems naturally occur in applications like search engines and recommender systems. Futhermore, this version ... solution using a form of local search. A detailed description of the algorithm...
- Referenced in 199 articles
- GSAT and WalkSat are local search algorithms to solve Boolean satisfiability problems. Both algorithms work...
- Referenced in 69 articles
- Constraint-Based Local Search. The ubiquity of combinatorial optimization problems in our society is illustrated ... high level of abstraction. Local search approaches to combinatorial optimization are able to isolate optimal ... problems that combines constraint programming and local search, using constraints to describe and control local ... constraint programming. After an overview of local search including neighborhoods, heuristics, and metaheuristics, the book...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- MEANS: A new local search heuristic for minimum sum of squares clustering. A new local ... compared with two other well-known local search heuristics, K- and H-Means as well ... uses J-Means in its local search step, is proposed too. Results on standard test ... that J-Means outperforms the other local search methods, quite substantially when many entities...
- Referenced in 159 articles
- Basic Local Alignment Search Tool. BLAST finds regions of similarity between biological sequences. The program...
- Referenced in 98 articles
- approximation techniques including a variety of local search methods, genetic algorithms, neural networks, and potential...
- Referenced in 85 articles
- which uses a simple (1+1) local search evolution strategy. Nonetheless, it is capable...
- Referenced in 54 articles
- coordinate search that balances global and local search. The local search is done via sequential...
- Referenced in 77 articles
- automated, and improving it by integrating local search solvers as candidate solvers, by predicting performance...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- This is often the case in local search based heuristics for combinatorial optimization, such ... simulated annealing, genetic algorithms, iterated local search, tabu search, WalkSAT, and GRASP. Such plots...
- Referenced in 63 articles
- parameters. We review a family of local-search-based algorithm configuration procedures and present novel...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- general tool for the development of local search algorithms in C++. The basic idea ... capture the essential features of most local search metaheuristics, and their possible compositions. This allows ... design and implementation issues of new local search heuristics in a more principled way. Furthermore...
- Referenced in 553 articles
- first part. Chapter 2 studies the local convergence of Newton’s method, inexact Newton methods ... considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used ... method is studied in chapter 4. A local convergence analysis is provided and implementation details ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 34 articles
- approaches we use are local search (which is used in many SAT algorithms ... elimination (which is rarely used in local search algorithms). In this paper...
- Referenced in 40 articles
- features including evolutionary algorithms (EA), local searches (LS), the most common parallel and distributed models...
- Referenced in 39 articles
- helped us speed up both local search and tree search algorithms by orders of magnitude...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- Localizer. Local search is a traditional technique to solve combinatorial search problems which has raised ... years. The design and implementation of local search algorithms is not an easy task ... assist the design and implementation of local search algorithms. This paper describes the design ... Localizer, a modeling language for implementing local search algorithms. Localizer makes it possible to express...
- Referenced in 30 articles
- with other optimization paradigms such as local search, yielding hybrid algorithms with constraints. Such combinations ... language, SALSA, dedicated to specifying (local, global or hybrid) search algorithms. We illustrate...
- Referenced in 32 articles
- colony system coupled with a local search, applied to the quadratic assignment problem...
- Referenced in 300 articles
- parameterization, as well as estimation of local differential properties, and approximation of ridges and umbilics ... hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD), search structures (kd trees for nearest neighbor search...