- Referenced in 54 articles
- ForWaRD: Fourier-Wavelet regularized deconvolution for ill-conditioned systems. We propose an efficient, hybrid Fourier ... smooth signals and images. We derive the optimal balance between the amount of Fourier ... wavelet regularization by optimizing an approximate mean-squared error (MSE) metric and find that signals ... shrinkage. ForWaRD is applicable to all ill-conditioned deconvolution problems, unlike the purely wavelet-based...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- optimization problems involving nonlinear operators between function spaces. Local convergence is shown under technical conditions ... regularity of the corresponding primal-dual optimality conditions. We also show convergence for a Nesterov ... terms as well as of state-constrained optimal control problems, where convergence can be guaranteed...
- Referenced in 27 articles
- includes an eigensolver implemented with the Locally Optimal Block Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Method (LOBPCG ... preconditioners, and ill-conditioning of the stiffness matrix; and apparently optimal convergence speed. BLOPEX supports...
- Referenced in 28 articles
- parallel optimization over awkward search spaces, which may include real-valued, discrete, and conditional dimensions...
- Referenced in 109 articles
- linear or non-convex continuous optimization problems. They belong to the class of evolutionary algorithms ... useful, if the function f is ill-conditioned. Adaptation of the covariance matrix amounts ... Quasi-Newton method in classical optimization. In contrast to most classical methods, fewer assumptions...
- Referenced in 68 articles
- primal-dual interior-point method for nonlinear optimization, avoiding the use of merit functions ... obtained from the perturbed first-order necessary conditions into a normal and a tangential step ... normal step, the other resulting from optimality and related with the tangential step...
- Referenced in 80 articles
- visualizing matrices, routines for direct search optimization, and miscellaneous routines that provide useful additions ... with known inverses or known eigenvalues; ill-conditioned or rank deficient matrices; and symmetric, positive ... dimensional views of pseudospectra. The direct search optimization routines implement the alternating directions method...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- verifies structure-preserving optimizations using the proof rule Validate. Verification conditions are validated using...
- Referenced in 4 articles
- mathematical program. Due to the lack of optimization software that can directly handle and solve ... problem as a mathematical program with complementarity conditions (MPCC) by replacing the lower-level ... problem with its necessary and sufficient optimality conditions. MPCCs are single-level non-convex optimization...
- Referenced in 51 articles
- solving nonlinear and nonconvex constraint satisfaction and optimization problems over the real numbers. The decision ... calculating an empty covering. Under some conditions, it can prove the existence of solutions ... enclose the global optimum of an optimization problem with certainty. Solving methods: Realpaver implements correctly...
- Referenced in 35 articles
- condition that the Pareto set, in the decision space, of a continuous multiobjective optimization problem...
- Referenced in 5 articles
- necessary conditions which must be satisfied by the $L_2$ optimal rational transfer matrix approximating ... formulation of the first-order necessary conditions of optimality in terms of interpolation constraints...
- Referenced in 6 articles
- employed to develop a quantitative understanding, optimize reaction conditions in homogeneous reacting systems in liquid...
- Referenced in 3 articles
- Euclidean prox-structure for solving unconditional optimization problems (in further work, we propose to extend ... transferring the above-mentioned approach to conditional optimization problems...
- Referenced in 46 articles
- exploit trust-region techniques for equality-constrained optimization. Thus, they allow the computation ... limit point is proved under very mild conditions on the trial steps. Under reasonable ... point satisfying the second-order necessary KKT conditions. The local rate of convergence ... Numerical results for the solution of an optimal control problem governed by a nonlinear heat...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- differential evolution algorithm for the global optimization of a real-valued function of a real ... data and a Markov-Switching Generalized AutoRegressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (MSGARCH) model for the returns...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- being optimal. This is due to the need for features such as conditional equations...
- Referenced in 19 articles
- designed to efficiently and reliably solve optimal control problems for systems described by ordinary differential ... periodicity conditions, or path constraints. Furthermore, a unique multistage formulation allows to optimize integrated batch...
- Referenced in 58 articles
- engineering and other `real-world’ applications, multiobjective optimization problems must frequently be tackled ... search strategies to operate better under these conditions. The first algorithm, Bin_MSOPS, uses...
- Referenced in 2 articles
- simulation tool for improving metalcasting quality, optimizing process conditions and substantially reducing costs in production ... enables the establishment of robust process conditions and optimized casting layouts for all cast materials...