- Referenced in 643 articles
- independent of the space dimension without unreasonable penalties on run-time and memory consumption...
- Referenced in 293 articles
- family of smoothing methods derived through roughness penalties that are suitable for both univariate ... author presents a comprehensive treatment of penalty smoothing under a unified framework. Methods are developed...
- Referenced in 94 articles
- package SparseNet: coordinate descent with nonconvex penalties. We address the problem of sparse selection ... linear models. A number of nonconvex penalties have been proposed in the literature for this ... convergence properties. We characterize the properties of penalties suitable for this approach, study their corresponding ... that assists our pathwise algorithm. The MC+ penalty is ideally suited to this task...
- Referenced in 106 articles
- such as the stiffness coefficient in the penalty scheme or the two relaxation parameters ... forcing term was computed using a penalty method and a user-defined parameter. The method...
- Referenced in 138 articles
- alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice...
- Referenced in 61 articles
- objective functions is replaced by an exact penalty function which penalizes nonlinear equality constraint violations ... either requiring that the objective function (penalty function if nonlinear equality constraints are present) decrease ... nonlinear equality constraints, or an exact penalty function if nonlinear equality constraints are present...
- Referenced in 55 articles
- penalized least squares with a geometrically intuitive penalty function that shrinks some coefficients to exactly ... zero. Additionally, this penalty yields exact equality of some coefficients, encouraging correlated predictors that have...
- Referenced in 76 articles
- arithmetic when possible, with a moderate speed penalty. (Typically a factor...
- Referenced in 73 articles
- Modelling. We propose a new sparsity-smoothness penalty for high-dimensional generalized additive models...
- Referenced in 72 articles
- merit functions and the updating of penalty parameters. This algorithm decomposes the primal-dual step...
- Referenced in 62 articles
- driven method to calibrate such criteria whose penalties are known up to a multiplicative factor...
- Referenced in 42 articles
- functions on moving simplices,l_infinity exact penalty function as merit function. Inequality constraints only...
- Referenced in 21 articles
- Derivative-Free Library - SDPEN: Sequential penalty derivative-free methods for nonlinear constrained optimization. We consider ... derivative-free context a sequential penalty approach for nonlinear programming. This approach consists in solving ... show the viability of the proposed sequential penalty approach...
- Referenced in 23 articles
- variables. Then, we use an exact penalty function to tackle the difficult constraints ... bound-constrained minimization of the proposed exact penalty function. Finally, we use the framework developed...
- Referenced in 31 articles
- mathematical programming optimization procedure based on a penalty function approach, to impose discrete...
- Referenced in 22 articles
- Generalized Additive Models. Using overlap grouped lasso penalties, gamsel selects whether a term ... grid of values for the overall penalty lambda, both for gaussian and binomial families...
Complex Optimization Toolbox
- Referenced in 30 articles
- also possible and is without performance penalty. Included are generalized algorithms for unconstrained nonlinear optimization...
- Referenced in 29 articles
- Algorithm for Clustering using Convex Fusion Penalties. We present a new clustering algorithm by proposing...
- Referenced in 28 articles
- length-normalization procedure and uses a coverage penalty, which encourages generation of an output sentence...
- Referenced in 26 articles
- proportional hazards model with a ridge penalty term. Our approximation method is based...