- Referenced in 2331 articles
- include 3D interactive graphics and an equation search capability. The information technology tools that ... well suited to equation search, for example, or for input to computer algebra systems. These...
- Referenced in 1045 articles
- user’s guide to tabu search. We describe the main features of tabu search, emphasizing ... useful aspects of tabu search is the ability to adapt a rudimentary prototype implementation ... illustrate the strategic concerns of tabu search, and to show how they may be exploited...
- Referenced in 1423 articles
- factorizations, visualizing matrices, and carrying out direct search optimization. Various other miscellaneous functions are also...
- Referenced in 610 articles
- considered. Chapter 3 is devoted to line-search and trust-region methods, which are used ... noise level in the function. Direct search algorithms, including the Nelder-Mead, multidirectional search...
- Referenced in 570 articles
- variants of the Davis-Putnam (DP) search algorithm. In this paper we describe the development ... careful engineering of all aspects of the search - especially a particularly efficient implementation of Boolean...
- Referenced in 395 articles
- data from, estimates, tests, predicts with, and searches for causal and statistical models ... unique in the suite of principled search (”exploration,” ”discovery”) algorithms it provides--for example ... ability to search when there may be unobserved confounders of measured variables, to search ... models of latent structure, and to search for linear feedback models--and in the ability...
- Referenced in 696 articles
- current state of optimization software and the search directions which should be considered...
- Referenced in 638 articles
- well as an online search capability. Graph visualization of the matrices is provided...
- Referenced in 630 articles
- with either the HKM or the NT search direction. The basic code is written...
- Referenced in 360 articles
- hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD), search structures (kd trees for nearest neighbor search ... sorting functions, as well as a matrix search framework and a solver for linear...
- Referenced in 286 articles
- Scatter search This chapter discusses the principles and foundations behind scatter search and its application ... problem of training neural networks. Scatter search is an evolutionary method that has been successfully ... wide array of hard optimization problems. Scatter search constructs new trial solutions by combining ... other evolutionary methods like genetic algorithms, scatter search is founded on the premise that systematic...
- Referenced in 304 articles
- Rigorous global search: continuous problems The monograph gives a survey of interval arithmetic based methods ... some new results with respect to zero search. The final chapter about intermediate values...
- Referenced in 230 articles
- BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs. The BLAST programs are widely used ... tools for searching protein and DNA databases for sequence similarities. For protein comparisons, a variety ... into a position-specific score matrix, and searching the database using this matrix. The resulting...
- Referenced in 261 articles
- ranking problems naturally occur in applications like search engines and recommender systems. Futhermore, this version ... solution using a form of local search. A detailed description of the algorithm...
- Referenced in 205 articles
- finder Mace4. Mace4 is a program that searches for finite models of first-order formulas ... first-order theorem provers, with the prover searching for proofs and Mace4 looking for countermodels ... equational problems than our previous model-searching program Mace2...
- Referenced in 316 articles
- valleys of complex optimization problems in search of global solutions...
- Referenced in 314 articles
- weighting, and strategies for directing and restricting searches for proofs. Otter can also be used...
- Referenced in 258 articles
- enormously popular direct search method for multidimensional unconstrained minimization. Despite its widespread use, essentially...
- Referenced in 181 articles
- produced by Graphplan are quite sensible. Since searches made by this approach are fundamentally different ... from the searches of other common planning methods, they provide a new perspective...
- Referenced in 245 articles
- Basic Local Alignment Search Tool. BLAST finds regions of similarity between biological sequences. The program...