CGALmesh is a 3D simplicial mesh generator. It provides isotropic tetrahedron meshes for domains or multi-domains bounded by curved or flat, smooth or piecewise smooth, surfaces. CGALmesh handle a wide variety of inputs ranging from 3D images to implicit functions through surface meshes (see gallery below, recent slides and document). CGALmeshed is based on the 3D Delaunay and regular triangulations from the CGAL library. It combines Delaunay refinement and Delaunay filtering through the notion of restricted Delaunay triangulation. Delaunay refinement is followed by an optimization phase. Sharp creases are handled via the method of protecting balls. CGALmesh is open source and can be downloaded from the CGAL web site.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Engwirda, Darren: Generalised primal-dual grids for unstructured co-volume schemes (2018)
- Ni, Saifeng; Zhong, Zichun; Liu, Yang; Wang, Wenping; Chen, Zhonggui; Guo, Xiaohu: Sliver-suppressing tetrahedral mesh optimization with gradient-based shape matching energy (2017)
- Al Akhras, H.; Elguedj, T.; Gravouil, A.; Rochette, M.: Isogeometric analysis-suitable trivariate NURBS models from standard B-Rep models (2016)
- Guo, Jianwei; Yan, Dong-Ming; Chen, Li; Zhang, Xiaopeng; Deussen, Oliver; Wonka, Peter: Tetrahedral meshing via maximal Poisson-disk sampling (2016)
- Shen, Jingjing; Busé, Laurent; Alliez, Pierre; Dodgson, Neil: A line/trimmed NURBS surface intersection algorithm using matrix representations (2016)
- Centin, Marco; Pezzotti, Nicola; Signoroni, Alberto: Poisson-driven seamless completion of triangular meshes (2015)
- Jamin, Clément; Alliez, Pierre; Yvinec, Mariette; Boissonnat, Jean-Daniel: CGALmesh: a generic framework for Delaunay mesh generation (2015)
- Rudolf, Florian; Rupp, Karl; Weinbub, Josef; Morhammer, Andreas; Selberherr, Siegfried: Transformation invariant local element size specification (2015)
- Si, Hang: TetGen, a Delaunay-based quality tetrahedral mesh generator (2015)
- Rudolf, Florian; Weinbub, Josef; Rupp, Karl; Selberherr, Siegfried: The meshing framework ViennaMesh for finite element applications (2014)