MuST: the multilevel sinc transform. A fast multilevel algorithm (MuST) for evaluating an n-sample sinc interpolant at mn points is presented. For uniform grids, its complexity is 25mnlog(1/δ) flops for the sinc kernel and 75mnlog(1/δ) for the sincd kernel, where δ is the target evaluation accuracy. MuST is faster than fast Fourier transform- and fast multiple method-based evaluations for large n and/or for large δ. It is also applicable to nonuniform grids and to other kernels. Numerical experiments demonstrating the algorithm’s practicality are presented.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Trynin, Aleksandr Yur’evich; Kireeva, Ekaterina Dmitrievna: The principle of localization in the class of Riemann integrable functions for the processes of Lagrange-Sturm-Liouville (2020)
- Trynin, A. Yu.: On the uniform approximation of functions of bounded variation by Lagrange interpolation polynomials with a matrix (\mathcalL_n^(\alpha_n,\beta_n)) of Jacobi nodes (2020)
- Trynin, Aleksandr Yur’evich: Convergence of the Lagrange-Sturm-Liouville processes for continuous functions of bounded variation (2018)
- Trynin, Aleksandr Yur’evich: Uniform convergence of Lagrange-Sturm-Liouville processes on one functional class (2018)
- Trynin, A. Yu.: Sufficient condition for convergence of Lagrange-Sturm-Liouville processes in terms of one-sided modulus of continuity (2018)
- Trynin, A. Yu.: Approximation of continuous on a segment functions with the help of linear combinations of sincs (2016)
- Trynin, A. Yu.: On necessary and sufficient conditions for convergence of sinc-approximations (2016)
- Trynin, A. Yu.: Necessary and sufficient conditions for the uniform on a segment sinc-approximations functions of bounded variation (2016)
- Trynin, Aleksandr Yur’evich: On some properties of sinc approximations of continuous functions on the interval (2015)
- Livne, Oren E.; Brandt, Achi E.: MuST: the multilevel sinc transform (2011)