Multivariate statistics. Exercises and solutions. The authors present tools and concepts of multivariate data analysis by means of exercises and their solutions. The first part is devoted to graphical techniques. The second part deals with multivariate random variables and presents the derivation of estimators and tests for various practical situations. The last part introduces a wide variety of exercises in applied multivariate data analysis. The book demonstrates the application of simple calculus and basic multivariate methods in real life situations. It contains altogether more than 250 solved exercises which can assist a university teacher in setting up a modern multivariate analysis course. All computer-based exercises are available in the R language. All data sets are included in the library SMSdata that may be downloaded via the quantlet download center www.quantlet.org. Data sets are available also via the Springer webpage. For interactive display of low-dimensional projections of a multivariate data set, we recommend GGobi.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Franke, Jürgen; Härdle, Wolfgang Karl; Hafner, Christian Matthias: Statistics of financial markets. An introduction (2019)
- Riegel, Ulrich: A generalized loss ratio method dealing with uncertain volume measures (2018)
- Yang, Zheng-Ling; Song, Yan-Wen; Duan, Zhi-Feng; Wang, Teng; Zhang, Jun: New sigmoid-like function better than Fisher (z) transformation (2016)
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl; Hlávka, Zdeněk: Multivariate statistics. Exercises and solutions (2015)
- Härdle, Wolfgang; Hlávka, Zdeněk: Multivariate statistics: Exercises and solutions (2007)