PTSC: probability, time and shared-variable concurrency. Complex software systems typically involve features like time, concurrency and probability, where probabilistic computations play an increasing role. It is challenging to formalize languages comprising all these features. In this paper, we integrate probability, time and concurrency in one single model, where the concurrency feature is modelled using shared-variable-based communication. The probability feature is represented by a probabilistic nondeterministic choice, probabilistic guarded choice and a probabilistic version of parallel composition. We formalize an operational semantics for such an integration. Based on this model we define a bisimulation relation, from which an observational equivalence between probabilistic programs is investigated and a collection of algebraic laws are explored. We also implement a prototype of the operational semantics to animate the execution of probabilistic programs.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Xie, Wanling; Zhu, Huibiao; Xu, Qiwen: A process calculus BigrTiMo of mobile systems and its formal semantics (2021)
- Shi, Ling; Zhao, Yongxin; Liu, Yang; Sun, Jun; Dong, Jin Song; Qin, Shengchao: A UTP semantics for communicating processes with shared variables and its formal encoding in PVS (2018)
- Hoare, Tony; van Staden, Stephan; Möller, Bernhard; Struth, Georg; Zhu, Huibiao: Developments in concurrent Kleene algebra (2016)
- Zhu, Huibiao; Sanders, Jeff W.; He, Jifeng; Qin, Shengchao: Denotational semantics for a probabilistic timed shared-variable language (2013)
- Zhu, Huibiao; Yang, Fan; He, Jifeng; Bowen, Jonathan P.; Sanders, Jeff W.; Qin, Shengchao: Linking operational semantics and algebraic semantics for a probabilistic timed shared-variable language (2012)
- Zhu, Huibiao; Qin, Shengchao; He, Jifeng; Bowen, Jonathan P.: PTSC: probability, time and shared-variable concurrency (2009) ioport