GENE (Gyrokinetic Electromagnetic Numerical Experiment) is an open source plasma microturbulence code which can be used to efficiently compute gyroradius-scale fluctuations and the resulting transport coefficients in magnetized fusion/astrophysical plasmas. GENE is physically comprehensive, well benchmarked, portable, and highly scalable. GENE is freely available via this webpage, and it is further developed by an international collaboration of physicists and computational scientists which is always open for new contributers. GENE has been used, among other things, to address both fundamental issues in plasma turbulence research and to perform comparisons with tokamak and stellarator experiments. GENE is coupled to the geometry interface code GIST.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Farcaş, Ionuţ-Gabriel; Görler, Tobias; Bungartz, Hans-Joachim; Jenko, Frank; Neckel, Tobias: Sensitivity-driven adaptive sparse stochastic approximations in plasma microinstability analysis (2020)
- Maurer, M.; Bañón Navarro, A.; Dannert, T.; Restelli, M.; Hindenlang, F.; Görler, T.; Told, D.; Jarema, D.; Merlo, G.; Jenko, F.: GENE-3D: a global gyrokinetic turbulence code for stellarators (2020)
- Parra Hinojosa, Alfredo; Bungartz, Hans-Joachim; Pflüger, Dirk: Scalable algorithmic detection of silent data corruption for high-dimensional PDEs (2018)
- Possanner, Stefan: Gyrokinetics from variational averaging: existence and error bounds (2018)
- Vogman, G. V.; Shumlak, U.; Colella, P.: Conservative fourth-order finite-volume Vlasov-Poisson solver for axisymmetric plasmas in cylindrical ((r,v_r,v_\theta)) phase space coordinates (2018)
- Candy, J.; Belli, E. A.; Bravenec, R. V.: A high-accuracy Eulerian gyrokinetic solver for collisional plasmas (2016)
- Palha, A.; Koren, B.; Felici, F.: A mimetic spectral element solver for the Grad-Shafranov equation (2016)
- Ye, Lei; Xu, Yingfeng; Xiao, Xiaotao; Dai, Zongliang; Wang, Shaojie: A gyrokinetic continuum code based on the numerical Lie transform (NLT) method (2016)
- Kowitz, Christoph; Hegland, Markus: An OptiCom method for computing eigenpairs (2014)
- Coulette, David; Besse, Nicolas: Numerical comparisons of gyrokinetic multi-water-bag models (2013)
- Sauter, O.; Medvedev, S. Yu.: Tokamak coordinate conventions: COCOS (2013)
- Görler, T.; Lapillonne, X.; Brunner, S.; Dannert, T.; Jenko, F.; Merz, F.; Told, D.: The global version of the gyrokinetic turbulence code GENE (2011)