Design of image cipher using Latin squares. In this paper, we introduce a symmetric-key Latin square image cipher (LSIC) for grayscale and color image encryption. Our main contributions include (1) we propose new Latin square image encryption primitives including Latin Square Whitening, Latin Square S-box and Latin Square P-box; (2) we develop probabilistic image encryption by embedding random noise into the least significant bit-plane of images; and (3) we design a new loom-like 2D substitution-permutation network maintaining good confusion and diffusion properties with extra error tolerance. Theoretical analysis and simulation results show that the proposed method has many desired properties of a secure cipher, shows robustness against different attack models, and outperforms state of the art suggested by many peer algorithms. Open-source implementation can be found on the webpage https://sites.google.com/site/tuftsyuewu/source-code.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Charif, Khalid; Guennoun, Zine El Abidine: A novel image encryption algorithm based on chaotic billiards (2021)
- Xian, Yongjin; Wang, Xingyuan: Fractal sorting matrix and its application on chaotic image encryption (2021)
- Xu, Ming; Tian, Zihong: A flexible image cipher based on orthogonal arrays (2021)
- Kaur, Manjit; Kumar, Vijay: Beta chaotic map based image encryption using genetic algorithm (2018)
- Hua, Zhongyun; Zhou, Yicong: Design of image cipher using block-based scrambling and image filtering (2017)
- Hu, Guiqiang; Xiao, Di; Wang, Yong; Li, Xinyan: Cryptanalysis of a chaotic image cipher using Latin square-based confusion and diffusion (2017)
- Mahfooz, S. Z.; Akhlaq, M.: Latin squares of diamond dispersed pattern (2017)
- Biondi, Fabrizio; Given-Wilson, Thomas; Legay, Axel: Attainable unconditional security for shared-key cryptosystems (2016)
- Wu, Yue; Zhou, Yicong; Agaian, Sos; Noonan, Joseph P.: 2D Sudoku associated bijections for image scrambling (2016)
- Bao, Long; Zhou, Yicong: Image encryption: generating visually meaningful encrypted images (2015)
- Wu, Yue; Zhou, Yicong; Noonan, Joseph P.; Agaian, Sos: Design of image cipher using Latin squares (2014)