ArgoTriCS — automated triangle construction solver. In this paper, a method for automatically solving a class of straightedge-and-compass construction problems is proposed. These are the problems where the goal is to construct a triangle given three located points. The method is based on identifying and systematising geometric knowledge, a specific, restricted search and handling redundant or locus-dependent instances. The proposed method is implemented and the current implementation can solve a large number of triangle construction problems. To our knowledge this is the first systematic automated construction solver focused on solving problems from the corpus given. This is also the first approach that considers proving correctness of generated constructions (using external automated theorem provers).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Macke, Jaroslav; Sedlar, Jiri; Olsak, Miroslav; Urban, Josef; Sivic, Josef: Learning to solve geometric construction problems from images (2021)
- Selaković, Milica; Marinković, Vesna; Janičić, Predrag: New dynamics in dynamic geometry: dragging constructed points (2020)
- Nikolić, Mladen; Marinković, Vesna; Kovács, Zoltán; Janičić, Predrag: Portfolio theorem proving and prover runtime prediction for geometry (2019)
- Quaresma, Pedro: Towards an intelligent and dynamic geometry book (2017)
- Schreck, Pascal; Marinković, Vesna; Janičić, Predrag: Constructibility classes for triangle location problems (2016)