2DCPackGen: a problem generator for two-dimensional rectangular cutting and packing problems. Cutting and packing problems have been extensively studied in the literature in recent decades, mainly due to their numerous real-world applications while at the same time exhibiting intrinsic computational complexity. However, a major limitation has been the lack of problem generators that can be widely and commonly used by all researchers in their computational experiments. In this paper, a problem generator for every type of two-dimensional rectangular cutting and packing problems is proposed. The problems are defined according to the recent typology for cutting and packing problems proposed by G. Wäscher et al. [ibid. 183, No. 3, 1109–1130 (2007; Zbl 1278.90347)] and the relevant problem parameters are identified. The proposed problem generator can significantly contribute to the quality of the computational experiments run with cutting and packing problems and therefore will help improve the quality of the papers published in this field.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Martin, Mateus; Morabito, Reinaldo; Munari, Pedro: A bottom-up packing approach for modeling the constrained two-dimensional guillotine placement problem (2020)
- Fernandes Silva, Everton; Machado Toffolo, Túlio Angelo; Wauters, Tony: Exact methods for three-dimensional cutting and packing: a comparative study concerning single container problems (2019)
- Ramos, António G.; Silva, Elsa; Oliveira, José Fernando: A new load balance methodology for container loading problem in road transportation (2018)
- Dios, M.; Gonzalez-R, P. L.; Dios, D.; Maffezzoli, A.: A mathematical modeling approach to optimize composite parts placement in autoclave (2017)
- Toscano, Alyne; Rangel, Socorro; Yanasse, Horacio Hideki: A heuristic approach to minimize the number of saw cycles in small-scale furniture factories (2017)
- Liu, Jingfa; Jiang, Yucong; Li, Gang; Xue, Yu; Liu, Zhaoxia; Zhang, Zhen: Heuristic-based energy landscape paving for the circular packing problem with performance constraints of equilibrium (2015)
- Silva, Elsa; Oliveira, José F.; Wäscher, Gerhard: 2DCPackGen: a problem generator for two-dimensional rectangular cutting and packing problems (2014)