Spectral: solving schroedinger and Wheeler-dewitt equations in the positive semi-axis by the spectral method. The Galerkin spectral method can be used for approximate calculation of eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of unidimensional Schroedinger-like equations such as the Wheeler-DeWitt equation. The criteria most commonly employed for checking the accuracy of results is the conservation of norm of the wave function, but some other criteria might be used, such as the orthogonality of eigenfunctions and the variation of the spectrum with varying computational parameters, e.g. the number of basis functions used in the approximation. The package Spectra, which implements the spectral method in Maple language together with a number of testing tools, is presented. Alternatively, Maple may interact with the Octave numerical system without the need of Octave programming by the user.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Oliveira-Neto, G.; Martins, L. G.; Monerat, G. A.; Corrêa Silva, E. V.: Quantum cosmology of a Hořava-Lifshitz model coupled to radiation (2019)
- Doha, E. H.; Abdelkawy, M. A.; Amin, A. Z. M.; Lopes, António M.: On spectral methods for solving variable-order fractional integro-differential equations (2018)
- Doha, E. H.; Abdelkawy, M. A.; Amin, A. Z. M.; Lopes, António M.: A space-time spectral approximation for solving nonlinear variable-order fractional sine and Klein-Gordon differential equations (2018)
- Seilmayer, Martin; Ratajczak, Matthias: A guide on spectral methods applied to discrete data in one dimension (2017)
- Corrêa Silva, E. V.; Monerat, G. A.; de Oliveira Neto, G.; Ferreira Filho, L. G.: Spectral: solving schroedinger and Wheeler-dewitt equations in the positive semi-axis by the spectral method (2014)