IndiGolog: A high-level programming language for embedded reasoning agents. IndiGolog isaprogramming languagefor autonomousagentsthat sense their environment anddo planning astheyoperate. Insteadof classical planning, it supports high-level program execution. The programmer provides a high-level nondeterministicprograminvolving domain-speci? c actions andteststo perform the agent’s tasks. The IndiGolog interpreterthenreasons aboutthepreconditions andeffectsofthe actionsintheprogramtonda legalterminatingexecution.To support this, the programmer provides a declarative specication of the domain (i.e.,primitive actions,preconditions andeffects, whatis known aboutthe initial state)inthe situation calculus. Theprogrammer can controlthe amountof non-determinism in the program and how muchof it is searched over. The language isrichand supports concurrentprogramming.Programsareexecuted onlinetogether withsensingthe environment and monitoringforevents,thus supporting thedevelopmentofreactiveagents.We discussthe language, itsimplementation, and applicationsthathave beenrealized withit.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Aranda-Corral, Gonzalo A.; Borrego-Díaz, Joaquín; Galán-Páez, Juan: A model of three-way decisions for knowledge harnessing (2020)
- De Giacomo, Giuseppe; Gerevini, Alfonso Emilio; Patrizi, Fabio; Saetti, Alessandro; Sardina, Sebastian: Agent planning programs (2016)
- De Giacomo, Giuseppe; Lespérance, Yves; Patrizi, Fabio; Vassos, Stavros: Progression and verification of situation calculus agents with bounded beliefs (2016)
- Sardiña, Sebastian; Padgham, Lin: A BDI agent programming language with failure handling, declarative goals, and planning (2011) ioport
- De Giacomo, Giuseppe; Lespérance, Yves; Levesque, Hector J.; Sardina, Sebastian: IndiGolog: a high-level programming language for embedded reasoning agents (2009) ioport