ECOM: A fast and accurate solver for toroidal axisymmetric MHD equilibria. We present ECOM (Equilibrium solver via COnformal Mapping), a fast and accurate fixed boundary solver for toroidally axisymmetric magnetohydrodynamic equilibria with or without a toroidal flow. ECOM combines conformal mapping and Fourier and integral equation methods on the unit disk to achieve exponential convergence for the poloidal flux function as well as its first and second partial derivatives. As a consequence of its high order accuracy, for dense grids and elongations comparable to or smaller than the elongation of ITER, ECOM computes key quantities such as the safety factor and the magnetic shear with higher accuracy than the finite element based code CHEASE [H. Lütjens et al., ibid. 97, No. 3, 219–260 (1996; Zbl 0922.76240)] at equal run time. ECOM has been developed to provide equilibrium quantities and details of the flux contour geometry as inputs to stability, wave propagation and transport codes.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Peng, Zhichao; Tang, Qi; Tang, Xian-Zhu: An adaptive discontinuous Petrov-Galerkin method for the Grad-Shafranov equation (2020)
- Askham, T.; Cerfon, A. J.: An adaptive fast multipole accelerated Poisson solver for complex geometries (2017)
- Palha, A.; Koren, B.; Felici, F.: A mimetic spectral element solver for the Grad-Shafranov equation (2016)
- Pasquetti, Richard: Comparison of some isoparametric mappings for curved triangular spectral elements (2016)
- Ricketson, L. F.; Cerfon, A. J.; Rachh, M.; Freidberg, J. P.: Accurate derivative evaluation for any Grad-Shafranov solver (2016)
- Lee, Jungpyo; Cerfon, Antoine: ECOM: A fast and accurate solver for toroidal axisymmetric MHD equilibria (2015)