AUTO-MUTE: web-based tools for predicting stability changes in proteins due to single amino acid replacements. Utilizing cutting-edge supervised classification and regression algorithms, three web-based tools have been developed for predicting stability changes upon single residue substitutions in proteins with known native structures. Trained models classify independent mutant test sets with accuracies ranging from 87 to 94%. Attributes representing each mutant protein are based on a computational mutagenesis methodology relying on a four-body statistical potential, illustrating a novel integration of both energy-based and machine learning approaches. The servers are written in PHP and hosted on a Linux platform, and they can be freely accessed online along with detailed data sets, documentation and performance results at http://proteins.gmu.edu/automute.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Carugo, Oliviero (ed.); Eisenhaber, Frank (ed.): Data mining techniques for the life sciences (2016)
- Niu, Xiao-Hui; Hu, Xue-Hai; Shi, Feng; Xia, Jing-Bo: Predicting DNA binding proteins using support vector machine with hybrid fractal features (2014)
- Liu, Zhi-Xin; Liu, Song-lei; Yang, Hong-Qiang; Bao, Li-Hua: Using protein granularity to extract the protein sequence features (2013)
- Liu, Guoqing; Liu, Jia; Cui, Xiangjun; Cai, Lu: Sequence-dependent prediction of recombination hotspots in \textitSaccharomycescerevisiae (2012)
- Lu, Jin-Long; Hu, Xue-Hai; Hu, Dong-Gang: A new hybrid fractal algorithm for predicting thermophilic nucleotide sequences (2012)
- Zhang, Zhe; Miteva, Maria A.; Wang, Lin; Alexov, Emil: Analyzing effects of naturally occurring missense mutations (2012)
- Cheng, Feng; Theodorescu, Dan; Schulman, Ira G.; Lee, Jae K.: \textitInvitro transcriptomic prediction of hepatotoxicity for early drug discovery (2011)
- Roterman, I.; Konieczny, L.; Jurkowski, W.; Prymula, K.; Banach, M.: Two-intermediate model to characterize the structure of fast-folding proteins (2011)
- Masso, Majid; Vaisman, Iosif I.: Knowledge-based computational mutagenesis for predicting the disease potential of human non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (2010)