R package CBPS. Covariate Balancing Propensity Score. Implements the covariate balancing propensity score (CBPS) proposed by Imai and Ratkovic (2014) <<a href=”http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/rssb.12027”>doi:10.1111/rssb.12027</a>>. The propensity score is estimated such that it maximizes the resulting covariate balance as well as the prediction of treatment assignment. The method, therefore, avoids an iteration between model fitting and balance checking. The package also implements several extensions of the CBPS beyond the cross-sectional, binary treatment setting. The current version implements the CBPS for longitudinal settings so that it can be used in conjunction with marginal structural models from Imai and Ratkovic (2015) <<a href=”http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01621459.2014.956872”>doi:10.1080/01621459.2014.956872</a>>, treatments with three- and four-valued treatment variables, continuous-valued treatments from Fong, Hazlett, and Imai (2015) <http://imai.princeton.edu/research/files/CBGPS.pdf>, and the situation with multiple distinct binary treatments administered simultaneously. In the future it will be extended to other settings including the generalization of experimental and instrumental variable estimates. Recently add the optimal CBPS which chooses the optimal balancing function and results in doubly robust and efficient estimator for the treatment effect.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Olivia M. Bernstein, Brian G. Vegetabile, Christian R. Salazar, Joshua D. Grill, Daniel L. Gillen: Adjustment for Biased Sampling Using NHANES Derived Propensity Weights (2021) arXiv
- Ning, Yang; Sida, Peng; Imai, Kosuke: Robust estimation of causal effects via a high-dimensional covariate balancing propensity score (2020)
- Tianhui Zhou, Guangyu Tong, Fan Li, Laine E. Thomas, Fan Li: PSweight: An R Package for Propensity Score Weighting Analysis (2020) arXiv
- Fong, Christian; Hazlett, Chad; Imai, Kosuke: Covariate balancing propensity score for a continuous treatment: application to the efficacy of political advertisements (2018)
- Park, Soojin; Steiner, Peter M.; Kaplan, David: Identification and sensitivity analysis for average causal mediation effects with time-varying treatments and mediators: investigating the underlying mechanisms of kindergarten retention policy (2018)
- Imai, Kosuke; Ratkovic, Marc: Robust estimation of inverse probability weights for marginal structural models (2015)