AMATOS – A FLEXIBLE ENGINE FOR ADAPTIVE GRID COMPUTATIONS. amatos stands for Adaptive Mesh generator for Atmospheric and Oceanic Simulations. It is a software library that eases to a great extend the implementation and development of applications based on adaptive grid refinement. amatos does not provide any ready built method for solving PDEs as they occur in geophysical fluid dynamics, but it completely frees the developer from complicated data management tasks, usually connected to adaptive computations. This article describes the basic principles and simple examples of the functionality of amatos.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Beisiegel, Nicole; Castro, Cristóbal E.; Behrens, Jörn: Metrics for performance quantification of adaptive mesh refinement (2021)
- Kopera, Michal A.; Giraldo, Francis X.: Analysis of adaptive mesh refinement for IMEX discontinuous Galerkin solutions of the compressible Euler equations with application to atmospheric simulations (2014)
- Yelash, L.; Müller, A.; Lukáčová-Medvid’ová, M.; Giraldo, F. X.; Wirth, V.: Adaptive discontinuous evolution Galerkin method for dry atmospheric flow (2014)
- Läuter, Matthias; Giraldo, Francis X.; Handorf, Dörthe; Dethloff, Klaus: A discontinuous Galerkin method for the shallow water equations in spherical triangular coordinates (2008)
- Läuter, Matthias; Handorf, Dörthe; Rakowsky, Natalja; Behrens, Jörn; Frickenhaus, Stephan; Best, Meike; Dethloff, Klaus; Hiller, Wolfgang: A parallel adaptive barotropic model of the atmosphere (2007)
- Giraldo, F. X.; Warburton, T.: A nodal triangle-based spectral element method for the shallow water equations on the sphere (2005)
- Läuter, Matthias; Handorf, Dörthe; Dethloff, Klaus: Unsteady analytical solutions of the spherical shallow water equations (2005)