REMAP3D, a Conservative Three-Dimensional Remapping Code. This report describes a code for performing conservative remapping between two three-dimensional meshes, each composed of arbitrary hexahedral cells. By remapping we mean the conservative transfer or interpolation of data from one mesh to another. The remapping is ”second-order accurate,” by which we mean that the density distribution for each quantity to be remapped is assumed to be a linear function within each cell of the original mesh. The determination of the gradient of such quantities within each cell, and the ”limiting” of such gradients to avoid non-monotonic behavior is considered a part of this remapping. In the interest of generality, the code is composed of three modules: the remapping module, and pre- and post-processing modules. The remapping module is intended to be a ”black box” to be called by some arbitrary program in a variety of applications, provided the remapper’s underlying assumptions are met, and the pre-processing and post-processing modules are intended to perform the necessary data translations and other functions required to match the data structure assumptions of the remapping module to those of the calling program. Thus, the pre- and post-processing modules may be heavily modified by each user while the remapping module should remain unchanged. This report will concentrate on describing the remapping module, with sufficient information provided so that users will be able to construct their own pre- and post-processing modules. 7 refs., 5 figs.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Burton, D. E.; Morgan, N. R.; Charest, M. R. J.; Kenamond, M. A.; Fung, J.: Compatible, energy conserving, bounds preserving remap of hydrodynamic fields for an extended ALE scheme (2018)
- Chen, Xiang; Zhang, Xiong; Jia, Zupeng: A robust and efficient polyhedron subdivision and intersection algorithm for three-dimensional MMALE remapping (2017)
- Powell, Devon; Abel, Tom: An exact general remeshing scheme applied to physically conservative voxelization (2015)
- Menon, Sandeep; Schmidt, David P.: Conservative interpolation on unstructured polyhedral meshes: an extension of the supermesh approach to cell-centered finite-volume variables (2011)
- Ortega, A. López; Scovazzi, G.: A geometrically-conservative, synchronized, flux-corrected remap for arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian computations with nodal finite elements (2011)
- Ushakova, Olga V.: Nondegeneracy tests for hexahedral cells (2011)
- Garimella, Rao; Kucharik, Milan; Shashkov, Mikhail: An efficient linearity and bound preserving conservative interpolation (remapping) on polyhedral meshes (2007)
- Margolin, L. G.; Shashkov, Mikhail: Second-order sign-preserving conservative interpolation (remapping) on general grids (2003)
- Dukowicz, John K.; Baumgardner, John R.: Incremental remapping as a transport/advection algorithm (2000)
- Grandy, Jeffrey: Conservative remapping and region overlays by intersecting arbitrary polyhedra (1999)
- Margolin, L. G.: Introduction to “An arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian computing method for all flow speeds” (1997)