Effective real numbers in Mmxlib. Until now, the area of symbolic computation has mainly focused on the manipulation of algebraic expressions. Based on earlier, theoretical work, the author has started to develop a systematic C++ library Mmxlib for mathematically correct computations with more analytic objects, like complex numbers and analytic functions. While implementing the library, we found that several of our theoretical ideas had to be further improved or adapted. In this paper, we report on the current implementation, we present several new results and suggest directions for future improvements.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- van der Hoeven, Joris: Around the numeric-symbolic computation of differential Galois groups (2007)
- van der Hoeven, Joris: Efficient accelero-summation of holonomic functions (2007)
- van der Hoeven, Joris: New algorithms for relaxed multiplication (2007)
- van der Hoeven, Joris: Computations with effective real numbers (2006)
- van der Hoeven, Joris: Effective real numbers in Mmxlib (2006)