μ-diff - An open Matlab toolbox for solving multiple scattering problems by disks. Multiple scattering is a highly complex wave problem that finds great applications in many areas of physics and engineering (acoustics, electromagnetism, optics, nanophotonics, elasticity...). μ-diff (acronym for multiple-diffraction) is an open-source Matlab toolbox for solving multiple scattering problems by clusters of circular cylinders. Any distribution of the cylinders is possible, deterministic or random, allowing to define basic to complex disordered media. The rigorous mathematical formulation is based on the integral equations formulations. The finite-dimensional approximation technique is a Fourier spectral method combined with linear algebra solvers (direct gaussian elimination method or preconditioned Krylov subspace iterative techniques). Pre- and post-processing facilities are included in μ-diff. Since integral equations are used, many direct and inverse wave scattering problems can be solved with μ-diff. Examples of scripts are provided with the toolbox.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Alharbi, Sayer O.; Alzahrani, Saleh M.: An efficient solver for the numerical solution of EM scattering problems by many small dielectric circular obstacles (2020)
- Barucq, Hélène; Chabassier, Juliette; Pham, Ha; Tordeux, Sébastien: Numerical robustness of single-layer method with Fourier basis for multiple obstacle acoustic scattering in homogeneous media (2018)
- Belibassakis, K. A.; Arnaud, G.; Rey, V.; Touboul, J.: Propagation and scattering of waves by dense arrays of impenetrable cylinders in a waveguide (2018)
- Alzubaidi, Hasan; Antoine, Xavier; Chniti, Chokri: Formulation and accuracy of on-surface radiation conditions for acoustic multiple scattering problems (2016)
- Amirkulova, Feruza A.; Norris, Andrew N.: Acoustic multiple scattering using recursive algorithms (2015)
- Thierry, Bertrand; Antoine, Xavier; Chniti, Chokri; Alzubaidi, Hasan: (\mu)-diff: an open-source Matlab toolbox for computing multiple scattering problems by disks (2015)