Balancing two-sided U-type assembly lines using modified particle swarm optimization algorithm. In this paper, a new two-sided U-type assembly line balancing (TUALB) procedure and a new algorithm based on the particle swarm optimization algorithm to solve the TUALB problem are proposed. The proposed approach minimizes the number of stations for a given cycle time as the primary objective and it minimizes the number of positions as a secondary objective. The proposed approach is illustrated with an example problem. In order to evaluate the efficiency of the proposed algorithm, the test problems available in the literature are used. The experimental results show that the proposed approach performs well.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Gao, Wenyou; Su, Chang: Analysis of earnings forecast of blockchain financial products based on particle swarm optimization (2020)
- Li, Zixiang; Kucukkoc, Ibrahim; Zhang, Zikai: Branch, bound and remember algorithm for two-sided assembly line balancing problem (2020)
- Álvarez-Miranda, Eduardo; Pereira, Jordi: On the complexity of assembly line balancing problems (2019)
- Cheng, Zhenxing; Wang, Hu: How to control the crack to propagate along the specified path feasibly? (2018)
- Delice, Yılmaz; Kızılkaya Aydoğan, Emel; Özcan, Uğur; İlkay, Mehmet Sıtkı: Balancing two-sided U-type assembly lines using modified particle swarm optimization algorithm (2017)
- Li, Zixiang; Kucukkoc, Ibrahim; Nilakantan, J. Mukund: Comprehensive review and evaluation of heuristics and meta-heuristics for two-sided assembly line balancing problem (2017)
- Li, Zixiang; Tang, Qiuhua; Zhang, LiPing: Two-sided assembly line balancing problem of type I: improvements, a simple algorithm and a comprehensive study (2017)
- Li, Zixiang; Tang, Qiuhua; Zhang, Liping: Minimizing the cycle time in two-sided assembly lines with assignment restrictions: improvements and a simple algorithm (2016)