SHIELD: scalable homomorphic implementation of encrypted data-classifiers. Homomorphic encryption (HE) systems enable computations on encrypted data, without decrypting and without knowledge of the secret key. In this work, we describe an optimized Ring Learning With Errors (RLWE) based implementation of a variant of the HE system recently proposed by Gentry, Sahai and Waters (GSW). Although this system was widely believed to be less efficient than its contemporaries, we demonstrate quite the opposite behavior for a large class of applications. We first highlight and carefully exploit the algebraic features of the system to achieve significant speedup over the state-of-the-art HE implementation, namely the IBM homomorphic encryption library (HElib). We introduce several optimizations on top of our HE implementation, and use the resulting scheme to construct a homomorphic Bayesian spam filter, secure multiple keyword search, and a homomorphic evaluator for binary decision trees. Our results show a factor of 10× improvement in performance (under the same security settings and CPU platforms) compared to IBM HElib for these applications. Our system is built to be easily portable to GPUs (unlike IBM HElib) which results in an additional speedup of up to a factor of 103.5× to offer an overall speedup of 1,035× .
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Carlet, Claude; Méaux, Pierrick: Boolean functions for homomorphic-friendly stream ciphers (2019)
- Fan, Aiwan; Wang, Qiming; Debnath, Joyati: A high precision data encryption algorithm in wireless network mobile communication (2019)
- Canteaut, Anne; Carpov, Sergiu; Fontaine, Caroline; Lepoint, Tancrède; Naya-Plasencia, María; Paillier, Pascal; Sirdey, Renaud: Stream ciphers: a practical solution for efficient homomorphic-ciphertext compression (2018)
- Gao, Chong-zhi; Cheng, Qiong; He, Pei; Susilo, Willy; Li, Jin: Privacy-preserving naive Bayes classifiers secure against the substitution-then-comparison attack (2018)
- Benarroch, Daniel; Brakerski, Zvika; Lepoint, Tancrède: FHE over the integers: decomposed and batched in the post-quantum regime (2017)
- Bonnoron, Guillaume; Fontaine, Caroline; Gogniat, Guy; Herbert, Vincent; Lapôtre, Vianney; Migliore, Vincent; Roux-Langlois, Adeline: Somewhat/fully homomorphic encryption: implementation progresses and challenges (2017)
- Khedr, Alhassan; Gulak, Glenn; Vaikuntanathan, Vinod: SHIELD: scalable homomorphic implementation of encrypted data-classifiers (2016)