Interface_Euler_AMR: This is the code to supplement the paper: ”Numerical methods for interface coupling of compressible and almost incompressible media.”. It is an extended and more general version of the methods developed in BBB_experiment. It employs 2D axisymmetric Euler equations coupled with a Tammann equation of state, and it uses Lagrangian/Eulerian coupling along interfaces between compressible and almost incompressible media. In addition, it implements mapped grids to model more complex interface geometry, and it uses adaptive mesh refinement (AMR) to provide better accuracy while diminishing computational cost. The code available here serves as an implemented example of the methods described in the paper, and it reproduces its main figures. It allows the user to easily modify the code, so it can be employed in other applications by research scientists. The code is designed to work with the Clawpack 5 software. For more information visit the Clawpack webpage. The Clawpack software is open source, and the code is openly available at Clawpack on GitHub. Some of the main algorithms used in this project can be found in the book Finite Volume Methods for Hyperbolic Problems.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Luo, Dongmi; Li, Shiyi; Huang, Weizhang; Qiu, Jianxian; Chen, Yibing: A quasi-conservative discontinuous Galerkin method for multi-component flows using the non-oscillatory kinetic flux. II: ALE framework (2022)
- Shahbazi, Khosro: Positivity preservation of a first-order scheme for a quasi-conservative compressible two-material model (2021)
- Zhao, Tengjin; Ito, Kazufumi; Zhang, Zhiyue: Semi-decoupling hybrid asymptotic and augmented finite volume method for nonlinear singular interface problems (2021)
- Del Razo, M. J.; LeVeque, R. J.: Numerical methods for interface coupling of compressible and almost incompressible media (2017)
- Del Razo, Mauricio J.; LeVeque, Randall J.: Computational study of shock waves propagating through air-plastic-water interfaces (2016)
- del Razo, M. J.; Morofuji, Y.; Meabon, J. S.; Huber, B. R.; Peskind, E. R.; Banks, W. A.; Mourad, P. D.; LeVeque, R. J.; Cook, D. G.: Computational and in vitro studies of blast-induced blood-brain barrier disruption (2016)