XBraid: Parallel Time Integration with Multigrid. Scientists at LLNL have developed an open source, non-intrusive, and general purpose parallel-in-time code, XBraid. A few important points about XBraid are as follows: The algorithm enables a scalable parallel-in-time approach by applying multigrid to the time dimension. It is designed to be nonintrusive. That is, users apply their existing sequential time-stepping code according to our interface, and then XBraid does the rest. Users have spent years, sometimes decades, developing the right time-stepping scheme for their problem. XBraid allows users to keep their schemes, but enjoy parallelism in the time dimension. XBraid solves exactly the same problem that the existing sequential time-stepping scheme does. XBraid is flexible, allowing for a variety of time stepping, relaxation, and temporal and spatial coarsening options. The full approximation scheme multigrid approach is used to accommodate nonlinear problems. XBraid written in MPI/C with C++ and Fortran 90 interfaces. XBraid is released under LGPL 2.1.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Hahne, Jens; Friedhoff, Stephanie; Bolten, Matthias: Algorithm 1016. PyMGRIT: a python package for the parallel-in-time method MGRIT (2021)
- Skene, C. S.; Eggl, M. F.; Schmid, P. J.: A parallel-in-time approach for accelerating direct-adjoint studies (2021)
- Gander, Martin J.; Kwok, Felix; Salomon, Julien: PARAOPT: a parareal algorithm for optimality systems (2020)
- Günther, Stefanie; Ruthotto, Lars; Schroder, Jacob B.; Cyr, Eric C.; Gauger, Nicolas R.: Layer-parallel training of deep residual neural networks (2020)
- Hessenthaler, Andreas; Southworth, Ben S.; Nordsletten, David; Röhrle, Oliver; Falgout, Robert D.; Schroder, Jacob B.: Multilevel convergence analysis of multigrid-reduction-in-time (2020)
- Götschel, Sebastian; Minion, Michael L.: An efficient parallel-in-time method for optimization with parabolic PDEs (2019)
- Günther, Stefanie; Gauger, N. R.; Schroder, J. B.: A non-intrusive parallel-in-time approach for simultaneous optimization with unsteady PDEs (2019)
- Kwok, Felix; Ong, Benjamin W.: Schwarz waveform relaxation with adaptive pipelining (2019)
- Speck, Robert: Algorithm 997: pySDC -- prototyping spectral deferred corrections (2019)
- Dobrev, V. A.; Kolev, Tz.; Petersson, N. A.; Schroder, J. B.: Two-level convergence theory for multigrid reduction in time (MGRIT) (2017)
- Ong, Benjamin W.; Haynes, Ronald D.; Ladd, Kyle: Algorithm 965: RIDC methods: a family of parallel time integrators (2016)