ReMESH: An interactive environment to edit and repair triangle meshes. Polygonal meshes obtained from acquisition of real-world objects may easily exhibit topological or geometrical defects, which often prevent subsequent processing and analysis to provide satisfactory results. This paper describes the foundations of ReMESH, a user-friendly graphical tool which incorporates several mesh-repairing features, and allows to perform a kind of low-level editing which is often missing in most existing software packages. We show how state-of-the-art techniques have been adapted and extended to form an intuitive and integrated environment, and introduce some optimizations and novel ideas that make ReMESH particularly efficient. The main application in which the tool proves to be extremely useful is the post-processing of scanned surface models. In this context, ReMESH represents a valid support for the production of certified quality meshes.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Liu, Zhao; Pan, Maodong; Yang, Zhouwang; Deng, Jiansong: Recovery of sharp features in mesh models (2015)
- Decherchi, Sergio; Colmenares, Jose; Catalano, Chiara Eva; Spagnuolo, Michela; Alexov, Emil; Rocchia, Walter: Between algorithm and model: different molecular surface definitions for the Poisson-Boltzmann based electrostatic characterization of biomolecules in solution (2013)
- Attene, Marco: A lightweight approach to repairing digitized polygon meshes (2010) ioport
- Attene, Marco; Giorgi, Daniela; Ferri, Massimo; Falcidieno, Bianca: On converting sets of tetrahedra to combinatorial and PL manifolds (2009)
- Ju, Tao: Fixing geometric errors on polygonal models: a survey (2009) ioport