SOWFA. High-fidelity analysis of wind plant and wind turbine fluid physics and structural response using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and FAST. SOWFA (Simulator fOr Wind Farm Applications) is a set of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) solvers, boundary conditions, and turbine models based on the OpenFOAM CFD toolbox. It includes a version of the turbine model coupled with FAST. This tool allows users to investigate wind wind turbine and wind plant performance under the full range of atmospheric conditions and in terrain.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Steiner, Julia; Dwight, Richard P.; Viré, Axelle: Data-driven RANS closures for wind turbine wakes under neutral conditions (2022)
- Bastankhah, Majid; Welch, Bridget L.; Martínez-Tossas, Luis A.; King, Jennifer; Fleming, Paul: Analytical solution for the cumulative wake of wind turbines in wind farms (2021)
- Li, Zhaobin; Yang, Xiaolei: Large-eddy simulation on the similarity between wakes of wind turbines with different yaw angles (2021)
- Ravensbergen, M.; Helgedagsrud, T. A.; Bazilevs, Y.; Korobenko, A.: A variational multiscale framework for atmospheric turbulent flows over complex environmental terrains (2020)
- Foti, Daniel; Yang, Xiaolei; Shen, Lian; Sotiropoulos, Fotis: Effect of wind turbine nacelle on turbine wake dynamics in large wind farms (2019)
- Annoni, Jennifer; Seiler, Peter: A method to construct reduced-order parameter-varying models (2017)
- Breton, S.-P.; Sumner, J.; Sørensen, J. N.; Hansen, K. S.; Sarmast, S.; Ivanell, S.: A survey of modelling methods for high-fidelity wind farm simulations using large eddy simulation (2017)
- Bastankhah, Majid; Porté-Agel, Fernando: Experimental and theoretical study of wind turbine wakes in yawed conditions (2016)
- Robertson, E.; Choudhury, V.; Bhushan, S.; Walters, D. K.: Validation of OpenFOAM numerical methods and turbulence models for incompressible bluff body flows (2015)
- Spudić, V.; Conte, C.; Baotić, M.; Morari, M.: Cooperative distributed model predictive control for wind farms (2015)