PR-OWL - a language for defining probabilistic ontologies. Recent years have witnessed an increasingly mature body of research on the Semantic Web (SW), with new standards being developed and more complex problems being addressed. As complexity increases in SW applications, so does the need to cope with uncertainty. Several approaches to uncertainty representation and reasoning in the SW have emerged. Among these is Probabilistic Web Ontology Language (PR-OWL), which provides a means of representing uncertainty in ontologies expressed in Web Ontology Language (OWL). PR-OWL allows values of random variables to range over OWL datatypes, following an approach suggested by Poole et al. to formalizing the association between random variables from probabilistic theories with the individuals, classes and properties from ontological languages such as OWL.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Bednarczyk, Bartosz: Statistical (\mathcalEL) is \textscExpTime-complete (2021)
- Bryniarska, Anna: Certain information granule system as a result of sets approximation by fuzzy context (2019)
- Cozman, Fabio Gagliardi; Mauá, Denis Deratani: The finite model theory of Bayesian network specifications: descriptive complexity and zero/one laws (2019)
- Zese, Riccardo; Cota, Giuseppe; Lamma, Evelina; Bellodi, Elena; Riguzzi, Fabrizio: Probabilistic DL reasoning with pinpointing formulas: a Prolog-based approach (2019)
- Bobillo, Fernando (ed.); Laskey, Kenneth J. (ed.); Martin, Trevor (ed.); Nickles, Matthias (ed.): Editorial. Special issue on “Uncertainty reasoning for the web” (2018)
- Cozman, Fabio G.; Mauá, Denis D.: The complexity of Bayesian networks specified by propositional and relational languages (2018)
- Zese, Riccardo; Bellodi, Elena; Riguzzi, Fabrizio; Cota, Giuseppe; Lamma, Evelina: Tableau reasoning for description logics and its extension to probabilities (2018)
- Carvalho, Rommel N.; Laskey, Kathryn B.; Costa, Paulo C. G.: PR-OWL - a language for defining probabilistic ontologies (2017)
- Howard, Catherine; Stumptner, Markus: A survey of directed entity-relation-based first-order probabilistic languages (2014)