Abaqus2Matlab: A suitable tool for finite element post-processing. A suitable piece of software is presented to connect Abaqus, a sophisticated finite element package, with Matlab, the most comprehensive program for mathematical analysis. This interface between these well-known codes not only benefits from the image processing and the integrated graph-plotting features of Matlab but also opens up new opportunities in results post-processing, statistical analysis and mathematical optimization, among many other possibilities. The software architecture and usage are appropriately described and two problems of particular engineering significance are addressed to demonstrate its capabilities. Firstly, the software is employed to assess cleavage fracture through a novel 3-parameter Weibull probabilistic framework. Then, its potential to create and train neural networks is used to identify damage parameters through a hybrid experimental-numerical scheme, and model crack propagation in structural materials by means of a cohesive zone approach. The source code, detailed documentation and a large number of tutorials can be freely downloaded from www.abaqus2matlab.com.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Hirshikesh; Pramod, A. L. N.; Ooi, Ean Tat; Song, Chongmin; Natarajan, Sundararajan: An adaptive scaled boundary finite element method for contact analysis (2021)
- Simoes, Marlini; Martínez-Pañeda, Emilio: Phase field modelling of fracture and fatigue in shape memory alloys (2021)
- Jalili, M.; Soltani, B.: Investigation the micromechanisms of strain localization formation in AZ31 Mg alloy: a mesoscale 3D full-field crystal plasticity computational homogenization study (2020)
- Kumbhar, Pramod Y.; Francis, A.; Swaminathan, N.; Annabattula, R. K.; Natarajan, S.: Development of user element routine (UEL) for cell-based smoothed finite element method (CSFEM) in Abaqus (2020)
- Nicolaidou, Evangelia; Hill, Thomas L.; Neild, Simon A.: Indirect reduced-order modelling: using nonlinear manifolds to conserve kinetic energy (2020)
- Martínez-Pañeda, Emilio; Fuentes-Alonso, Sandra; Betegón, Covadonga: Gradient-enhanced statistical analysis of cleavage fracture (2019)
- Martínez-Pañeda, Emilio; Golahmar, Alireza; Niordson, Christian F.: A phase field formulation for hydrogen assisted cracking (2018)
- George Papazafeiropoulos, Miguel Muniz-Calvente, Emilio Martínez-Paneda: Abaqus2Matlab: A suitable tool for finite element post-processing (2017) arXiv