gpuSPHASE -- a shared memory caching implementation for 2D SPH using CUDA. Smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) is a meshless Lagrangian method that has been successfully applied to computational fluid dynamics (CFD), solid mechanics and many other multi-physics problems. Using the method to solve transport phenomena in process engineering requires the simulation of several days to weeks of physical time. Based on the high computational demand of CFD such simulations in 3D need a computation time of years so that a reduction to a 2D domain is inevitable. In this paper gpuSPHASE, a new open-source 2D SPH solver implementation for graphics devices, is developed. It is optimized for simulations that must be executed with thousands of frames per second to be computed in reasonable time. A novel caching algorithm for Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) shared memory is proposed and implemented. The software is validated and the performance is evaluated for the well established dambreak test case.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Khayyer, Abbas; Shimizu, Yuma; Gotoh, Hitoshi; Nagashima, Ken: A coupled incompressible SPH-Hamiltonian SPH solver for hydroelastic FSI corresponding to composite structures (2021)
- Xu, Nengxiong; Mei, Gang; Qin, Jiayu; Li, Yazhe; Xu, Liangliang: GeoMFree (^\operatorname3D): a package of meshfree local radial point interpolation method (RPIM) for geomechanics (2021)
- Rezavand, Massoud; Zhang, Chi; Hu, Xiangyu: A weakly compressible SPH method for violent multi-phase flows with high density ratio (2020)
- Rezavand, Massoud; Winkler, Daniel; Sappl, Johannes; Seiler, Laurent; Meister, Michael; Rauch, Wolfgang: A fully Lagrangian computational model for the integration of mixing and biochemical reactions in anaerobic digestion (2019)
- Alimirzazadeh, Siamak; Jahanbakhsh, Ebrahim; Maertens, Audrey; Leguizamón, Sebastián; Avellan, François: GPU-accelerated 3-D finite volume particle method (2018)
- Winkler, Daniel; Meister, Michael; Rezavand, Massoud; Rauch, Wolfgang: gpuSPHASE -- a shared memory caching implementation for 2D SPH using CUDA (2017)