SubMito-PSPCP: predicting protein submitochondrial locations by hybridizing positional specific physicochemical properties with pseudoamino acid compositions. Knowing the submitochondrial location of a mitochondrial protein is an important step in understanding its function. We developed a new method for predicting protein submitochondrial locations by introducing a new concept: positional specific physicochemical properties. With the framework of general form pseudoamino acid compositions, our method used only about 100 features to represent protein sequences, which is much simpler than the existing methods. On the dataset of SubMito, our method achieved over 93% overall accuracy, with 98.60% for inner membrane, 93.90% for matrix, and 70.70% for outer membrane, which are comparable to all state-of-the-art methods. As our method can be used as a general method to upgrade all pseudoamino-acid-composition-based methods, it should be very useful in future studies. We implement our method as an online service: SubMito-PSPCP.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Tian, Baoguang; Wu, Xue; Chen, Cheng; Qiu, Wenying; Ma, Qin; Yu, Bin: Predicting protein-protein interactions by fusing various Chou’s pseudo components and using wavelet denoising approach (2019)
- Akbar, Shahid; Hayat, Maqsood: iMethyl-STTNC: identification of N(^6)-methyladenosine sites by extending the idea of SAAC into Chou’s PseAAC to formulate RNA sequences (2018)
- Qiu, Wenying; Li, Shan; Cui, Xiaowen; Yu, Zhaomin; Wang, Minghui; Du, Junwei; Peng, Yanjun; Yu, Bin: Predicting protein submitochondrial locations by incorporating the pseudo-position specific scoring matrix into the general Chou’s pseudo-amino acid composition (2018)
- Jiao, Ya-Sen; Du, Pu-Feng: Predicting Golgi-resident protein types using pseudo amino acid compositions: approaches with positional specific physicochemical properties (2016)
- Jiao, Ya-Sen; Du, Pu-Feng: Prediction of Golgi-resident protein types using general form of Chou’s pseudo-amino acid compositions: approaches with minimal redundancy maximal relevance feature selection (2016)
- Dehzangi, Abdollah; Heffernan, Rhys; Sharma, Alok; Lyons, James; Paliwal, Kuldip; Sattar, Abdul: Gram-positive and Gram-negative protein subcellular localization by incorporating evolutionary-based descriptors into Chou’s general PseAAC (2015)