Plutus: scalable secure file sharing on untrusted storage. Plutus is a cryptographic storage system that enables secure file sharing without placing much trust on the file servers. In particular, it makes novel use of cryptographic primitives to protect and share files. Plutus features highly scalable key management while allowing individual users to retain direct control over who gets access to their files. We explain the mechanisms in Plutus to reduce the number of cryptographic keys exchanged between users by using filegroups, distinguish file read and write access, handle user revocation efficiently, and allow an untrusted server to authorize file writes. We have built a prototype of Plutus on OpenAFS. Measurements of this prototype show that Plutus achieves strong security with overhead comparable to systems that encrypt all network traffic.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Zhang, Meng; Qi, Saiyu; Miao, Meixia; Zhang, Fuyou: Enabling compressed encryption for cloud based big data stores (2019)
- Ben-Sasson, Eli; Chiesa, Alessandro; Tromer, Eran; Virza, Madars: Scalable zero knowledge via cycles of elliptic curves (2017)
- Blanchet, Bruno: Automatic verification of security protocols in the symbolic model: the verifier ProVerif (2014)
- Liu, Qin; Wang, Guojun; Wu, Jie: Time-based proxy re-encryption scheme for secure data sharing in a cloud environment (2014) ioport
- Wei, Guiyi; Lu, Rongxing; Shao, Jun: EFADS: efficient, flexible and anonymous data sharing protocol for cloud computing with proxy re-encryption (2014)
- Feng, Dan; Chen, Junjian; Liu, Jingning; Wang, Zhikun: BLESS: object level encryption security for object-based storage system (2012) ioport
- Pervez, Zeeshan; Khattak, Asad Masood; Lee, Sungyoung; Lee, Young-Koo; Huh, Eui-Nam: Oblivious access control policies for cloud based data sharing systems (2012)
- Xue, Wei; Shu, Jiwu; Liu, Yang; Xue, Mao: Corslet: A shared storage system keeping your data private (2011) ioport
- Crampton, Jason: Cryptographically-enforced hierarchical access control with multiple keys (2009)
- Geron, Erel; Wool, Avishai: CRUST: cryptographic remote untrusted storage without public keys (2009) ioport