SiRiUS: securing remote untrusted storage. This paper presents SiRiUS, a secure file system designed to be layered over insecure network and P2P file systems such as NFS, CIFS, OceanStore, and Yahoo! Briefcase. SiRiUS assumes the network storage is untrusted and provides its own read-write cryptographic access control for file level sharing. Key management and revocation is simple with minimal out-of-band communication. File system freshness guarantees are supported by SiRiUS using hash tree constructions. SiRiUS contains a novel method of performing file random access in a cryptographic file system without the use of a block server. Extensions to SiRiUS include large scale group sharing using the NNL key revocation construction. Our implementation of SiRiUS performs well relative to the underlying file system despite using cryptographic operations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Zhang, Meng; Qi, Saiyu; Miao, Meixia; Zhang, Fuyou: Enabling compressed encryption for cloud based big data stores (2019)
- Ben-Sasson, Eli; Chiesa, Alessandro; Tromer, Eran; Virza, Madars: Scalable zero knowledge via cycles of elliptic curves (2017)
- Liu, Qin; Wang, Guojun; Wu, Jie: Time-based proxy re-encryption scheme for secure data sharing in a cloud environment (2014) ioport
- Wei, Guiyi; Lu, Rongxing; Shao, Jun: EFADS: efficient, flexible and anonymous data sharing protocol for cloud computing with proxy re-encryption (2014)
- Feng, Dan; Chen, Junjian; Liu, Jingning; Wang, Zhikun: BLESS: object level encryption security for object-based storage system (2012) ioport
- Pervez, Zeeshan; Khattak, Asad Masood; Lee, Sungyoung; Lee, Young-Koo; Huh, Eui-Nam: Oblivious access control policies for cloud based data sharing systems (2012)
- Xue, Wei; Shu, Jiwu; Liu, Yang; Xue, Mao: Corslet: A shared storage system keeping your data private (2011) ioport
- Geron, Erel; Wool, Avishai: CRUST: cryptographic remote untrusted storage without public keys (2009) ioport
- Mitra, Soumyadeb; Winslett, Marianne; Hsu, Windsor W.; Chang, Kevin Chen-Chuan: Trustworthy keyword search for compliance storage (2008) ioport
- Aspnes, James; Feigenbaum, Joan; Yampolskiy, Aleksandr; Zhong, Sheng: Towards a theory of data entanglement (2007)