R package fclust: A toolbox for fuzzy clustering using the R programming language. Fuzzy clustering is used extensively in several domains of research. In the literature, starting from the well-known fuzzy k-means (fkm) clustering algorithm, an increasing number of papers devoted to fkm and its extensions can be found. Nevertheless, a lack of the related software for implementing these algorithms can be observed preventing their use in practice. Even the standard fkm is not necessarily available in the most common software. For this purpose, a new toolbox for fuzzy clustering using the R programming language is presented by examples. The toolbox, called fclust, contains a suit of fuzzy clustering algorithms, fuzzy cluster validity indices and visualization tools for fuzzy clustering results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Alonso, Andrés M.; D’Urso, Pierpaolo; Gamboa, Carolina; Guerrero, Vanesa: Cophenetic-based fuzzy clustering of time series by linear dependency (2021)
- De Luca, Giovanni; Zuccolotto, Paola: Regime dependent interconnectedness among fuzzy clusters of financial time series (2021)
- Giordani, Paolo; Ferraro, Maria Brigida; Martella, Francesca: An introduction to clustering with R (2020)
- Godichon-Baggioni, Antoine; Maugis-Rabusseau, Cathy; Rau, Andrea: Multiview cluster aggregation and splitting, with an application to multiomic breast cancer data (2020)
- Guerra, Maria Letizia; Sorini, Laerte; Stefanini, Luciano: On the approximation of a membership function by empirical quantile functions (2020)
- Ramos-Guajardo, Ana Belén; Ferraro, Maria Brigida: A fuzzy clustering approach for fuzzy data based on a generalized distance (2020)
- Ferraro, Maria Brigida; Giordani, Paolo: A review and proposal of (fuzzy) clustering for nonlinearly separable data (2019)
- Maria Brigida Ferraro, Paolo Giordani: A toolbox for fuzzy clustering using the R programming language (2015) not zbMATH