Scaling of differential equations. The aim of the book is to scale differential equations in order to simplify the settings of parameters in numerical sumilations. The scaling method is presented in a large range of specific ODE and PDE models concerning epidemology, biochemistry, oscillations in classical mechanics and electric circuits, elasticity, viscous fluid flow, gas dynamics, water wave surfaces, thermal convection and porous media flow. Much of the mathematics is accomanied by computer codes (using the programming language Python and the Python package Parampool).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Dziatkiewicz, Grzegorz: Hyperbolicity of velocity-stress-electromagnetic field equations for waves in anisotropic magnetoelectroelastic solids with hexagonal symmetry (2021)
- Sticko, Simon; Ludvigsson, Gustav; Kreiss, Gunilla: High-order cut finite elements for the elastic wave equation (2020)
- Multerer, Lea; Smith, Thomas; Chitnis, Nakul: Modeling the impact of sterile males on an Aedes aegypti population with optimal control (2019)
- Han, Zhongqing; Rahul; De, Suvranu: A multiphysics model for radiofrequency activation of soft hydrated tissues (2018)
- Langtangen, Hans Petter; Pedersen, Geir K.: Scaling of differential equations (2016)