This page describes the computer program FRONTIER Version 4.1 which was written by Tim Coelli. This program is used to obtain maximum likelihood estimates of the parameters of a variety of stochastic production and cost frontiers, and estimates of mean and individual technical or cost efficiencies. The program can accommodate: cross-sectional or panel data; half-normal or truncated normal distributions; any functional form which is linear in parameters; time-invariant or time-varying efficiencies; and inefficiency effects can be explicitly influenced by a number of firm-specific factors.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Jonathan Holtkamp; Bernhard Brümmer: Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using SFAMB for Ox (2017) not zbMATH
- Ortega, Francisco J.; Gavilan, Jose M.: A comparison between maximum likelihood and Bayesian estimation of stochastic frontier production models (2014)
- Krüger, Jens J.: A Monte Carlo study of old and new frontier methods for efficiency measurement (2012)
- Wheat, Phill; Smith, Andrew: Is the choice of ((t-T)) in Battese and Coelli (1992) type stochastic frontier models innocuous? Observations and generalisations (2012)
- Masuda, Tadayoshi; Yanagida, John F.; Moncur, James E. T.; El-Swaify, Samir A.: An application of multi-criteria decision making incorporating stochastic production frontiers: a case study of organic coffee production in Kona, Hawaii (2010)
- Simar, Léopold; Wilson, Paul W.: Inferences from cross-sectional, stochastic frontier models (2010)
- Melfou, Katerina; Theocharopoulos, Athanasios; Papanagiotou, Evangelos: Assessing productivity change with SFA in the sheep sector of Greece (2009)
- Castano, Mary Caroline N.; Cabanda, Emilyn C.: Performance evaluation of the efficiency of Philippine Private Higher Educational Institutions: application of frontier approaches (2007)
- Simar, Léopold; Wilson, Paul W.: Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes (2007)
- Herrero, Ines: Different approaches to efficiency analysis. An application to the Spanish Trawl fleet operating in Moroccan waters (2005)