iROS-gPseKNC: Predicting replication origin sites in DNA by incorporating dinucleotide position-specific propensity into general pseudo nucleotide composition. DNA replication, occurring in all living organisms and being the basis for biological inheritance, is the process of producing two identical replicas from one original DNA molecule. To in-depth understand such an important biological process and use it for developing new strategy against genetics diseases, the knowledge of duplication origin sites in DNA is indispensible. With the explosive growth of DNA sequences emerging in the postgenomic age, it is highly desired to develop high throughput tools to identify these regions purely based on the sequence information alone. In this paper, by incorporating the dinucleotide position-specific propensity information into the general pseudo nucleotide composition and using the random forest classifier, a new predictor called iROS-gPseKNC was proposed. Rigorously cross–validations have indicated that the proposed predictor is significantly better than the best existing method in sensitivity, specificity, overall accuracy, and stability. Furthermore, a user-friendly web-server for iROS-gPseKNC has been established at http://www.jci-bioinfo.cn/iROS-gPseKNC, by which users can easily get their desired results without the need to bother the complicated mathematics, which were presented just for the integrity of the methodology itself.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Hussain, Waqar; Khan, Yaser Daanial; Rasool, Nouman; Khan, Sher Afzal; Chou, Kuo-Chen: SPrenylC-PseAAC: a sequence-based model developed via Chou’s 5-steps rule and general PseAAC for identifying S-prenylation sites in proteins (2019)
- Jia, Jianhua; Li, Xiaoyan; Qiu, Wangren; Xiao, Xuan; Chou, Kuo-Chen: iPPI-PseAAC(CGR): identify protein-protein interactions by incorporating chaos game representation into PseAAC (2019)
- Ning, Qiao; Ma, Zhiqiang; Zhao, Xiaowei: Dforml(KNN)-PseAAC: detecting formylation sites from protein sequences using K-nearest neighbor algorithm via Chou’s 5-step rule and pseudo components (2019)
- Wang, Lidong; Zhang, Ruijun; Mu, Yashuang: Fu-SulfPred: identification of protein S-sulfenylation sites by fusing forests via Chou’s general PseAAC (2019)
- Arif, Muhammad; Hayat, Maqsood; Jan, Zahoor: IMem-2LSAAC: a two-level model for discrimination of membrane proteins and their types by extending the notion of SAAC into Chou’s pseudo amino acid composition (2018)
- Mei, Juan; Fu, Yi; Zhao, Ji: Analysis and prediction of ion channel inhibitors by using feature selection and Chou’s general pseudo amino acid composition (2018)
- Khan, Muslim; Hayat, Maqsood; Khan, Sher Afzal; Ahmad, Saeed; Iqbal, Nadeem: Bi-PSSM: position specific scoring matrix based intelligent computational model for identification of mycobacterial membrane proteins (2017)
- Yang, Lei; Wang, Shiyuan; Zhou, Meng; Chen, Xiaowen; Zuo, Yongchun; Lv, Yingli: Characterization of BioPlex network by topological properties (2016)