5tbl.c, TplusSQ.c: Fast Generation of Discrete Random Variables. We describe two methods and provide C programs for generating discrete random variables with functions that are simple and fast, averaging ten times as fast as published methods and more than five times as fast as the fastest of those. We provide general procedures for implementing the two methods, as well as specific procedures for three of the most important discrete distributions: Poisson, binomial and hypergeometric.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Eden, Talya; Ron, Dana; Seshadhri, C.: On approximating the number of (k)-cliques in sublinear time (2020)
- Deon, Aleksei F.; Menyaev, Yulian A.: Poisson twister generator by cumulative frequency technology (2019)
- Aletti, Giacomo: Generation of discrete random variables in scalable frameworks (2018)
- Shmerling, Efraim: A range reduction method for generating discrete random variables (2013)
- George Marsaglia; Wai Wan Tsang; Jingbo Wang: Fast Generation of Discrete Random Variables (2004) not zbMATH