OMT-G: An object-oriented data model for geographic applications. Semantic and object-oriented data models, such as ER, OMT, IFO, and others, have been extensively used for modeling geographic applications. Despite their semantic expressiveness, such models present limitations to adequately model those applications, since they do not provide appropriate primitives for representing spatial data. This paper presents OMT-G, an object oriented data model for geographic applications. OMT-G provides primitives for modeling the geometry and the topology of spatial data, supporting different topological structures, multiple views of objects, and spatial relationships. OMT-G also includes tools to specify transformation processes and presentation alternatives, that allow, among many other possibilities, modeling for multiple representations and multiple presentations. In this way, it overcomes the main limitations of the existing models, thus providing more adequate tools for modeling geographic applications. A comparison with other data models is also presented in order to stress the main advantages of OMT-G.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Machado, Ivre Marjorie R.; de Alencar, Rafael Odon; de Oliveira Campos, Roberto Jr.; Davis, Clodoveu A. Jr.: An ontological gazetteer and its application for place name disambiguation in text (2011) ioport
- Buccella, Agustina; Cechich, Alejandra; Gendarmi, Domenico; Lanubile, Filippo; Semeraro, Giovanni; Colagrossi, Attilio: GeoMergeP: geographic information integration through enriched ontology matching (2010)
- Choi, Jinmu; Seong, Jeong Chang; Kim, Bora; Usery, E. Lynn: Innovations in individual feature history management-the significance of feature-based temporal model (2008) ioport
- Davis Jr, Clodoveu A.; Fonseca, Frederico T.: Assessing the certainty of locations produced by an address geocoding system (2007) ioport
- Malinowski, Elzbieta; Zimányi, Esteban: Logical representation of a conceptual model for spatial data warehouses (2007) ioport
- Nelson, Maria Augusta V.; Alencar, Paulo S. C.; Cowan, Donald D.: Informal description and analysis of geographic requirements: An approach based on problems (2007) ioport
- Parent, Christine; Spaccapietra, Stefano; Zimányi, Esteban: Conceptual modeling for traditional and spatio-temporal applications. The MADS approach. (2006)
- Borges, Karla A. V.; Davis, Clodoveu A. jun.; Leander, Alberto H. F.: OMT-G: An object-oriented data model for geographic applications (2001)
- Pinet, François; Lbath, Ahmed: Semantics of stereotypes for type specification in UML: Theory and practice (2001)