MITOPRED: a web server for the prediction of mitochondrial proteins. MITOPRED web server enables prediction of nucleus-encoded mitochondrial proteins in all eukaryotic species. Predictions are made using a new algorithm based primarily on Pfam domain occurrence patterns in mitochondrial and non-mitochondrial locations. Pre-calculated predictions are instantly accessible for proteomes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila, Homo sapiens, Mus musculus and Arabidopsis species as well as all the eukaryotic sequences in the Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL databases. Queries, at different confidence levels, can be made through four distinct options: (i) entering Swiss-Prot/TrEMBL accession numbers; (ii) uploading a local file with such accession numbers; (iii) entering protein sequences; (iv) uploading a local file containing protein sequences in FASTA format. Automated updates are scheduled for the pre-calculated prediction database so as to provide access to the most current data. The server, its documentation and the data are available from http://mitopred.sdsc.edu.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Kumar, Manish; Raghava, Gajendra P. S.: Prediction of nuclear proteins using SVM and HMM models (2009) ioport
- Zeng, Yu-hong; Guo, Yan-zhi; Xiao, Rong-quan; Yang, Li; Yu, Le-zheng; Li, Meng-long: Using the augmented Chou’s pseudo amino acid composition for predicting protein submitochondria locations based on auto covariance approach (2009)
- Shen, Yao Qing; Burger, Gertraud: ’Unite and conquer’: Enhanced prediction of protein subcellular localization by integrating multiple specialized tools (2007) ioport
- Tamura, Takeyuki; Akutsu, Tatsuya: Subcellular location prediction of proteins using support vector machines with alignment of block sequences utilizing amino acid composition (2007) ioport
- Guda, Chittibabu; Guda, Purnima; Fahy, Eoin; Subramaniam, Shankar: MITOPRED: a web server for the prediction of mitochondrial proteins. (2004) ioport